PDA

View Full Version : help installing header

javi2002whitesi
03-12-2003, 08:48 AM
wutup everyone. well i got my dc sports header yesterday and decided to put it in. It was going great until i started having problems with the middle bolt on the bottom of the manifold which is connected to the motor.I got every other bolt of but this fuker. well in the process of fighting with it the bolt has gotten round what should i do to get the fucker off. I really dont want to have to put everything back on and have to take it to a shop and pay for something i can do myself. I just need to get this one bolt off and im ready to swap the new header in. anyways any suggestions are welcome

thanks

Mugen_EP
03-14-2003, 12:15 AM
Use a drimel tool.:D Cut the SOB off!

JSIR
03-16-2003, 09:35 AM
I guess you can grind the head of the bolt off, but it is hard to get at. There are tools you can get to take off rounded bolts, but I have no idea where you could get one in you area, perhaps Sears or a Snap On dealer. I don't know why that bolt was so hard to take off on your car, it is a pretty simple bolt to access, 14mm socket with a short extension is about all you need to access it from above the engine.

javi2002whitesi
03-16-2003, 05:15 PM
it was easy to get to, but its just on tight as fukin hell ive sprayed it with all kinds of shit to get it loosened but the fuker wont budge so im not gonna risk breaking it im just gonna have my shop do the install. oh well