PDA

View Full Version : romove power steering

ek9jdmhb
07-31-2002, 01:53 AM
Hos do i take out the power steering belt on my si? where is it at? please dont tell me that it wont do much for my car. i like the way it feels when you drive without power steering. my crx and my civic cx didnt have it. thanks

iR-VTEC2
07-31-2002, 02:35 AM
Hah? If you have an EP3 hatch, you dont HAVE power steering. Its electric. NO belts that rob power.

:D

ek9jdmhb
07-31-2002, 04:58 AM
for real? cool, thanks

Busta J
07-31-2002, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by iR-VTEC2
Hah? If you have an EP3 hatch, you dont HAVE power steering. Its electric. NO belts that rob power.

:D

Hehe, that put a smile on my face when I was going through the owner's manual and saw that. Does anybody know if the base RSX has the same feature?

ApexinSi
07-31-2002, 06:25 AM
This is one of the MAIN reasons I bought this car....Ever since I drove my CRX I loved not having power steering, great for autocrossing and gives you a better feel for the car. From what I've read somewhere that the steering changes electronically every 5mph to adjust with the road conditions/speed..... when you go into turns the steering wheel tightens up...gotta love it!. I'm sure there's a way to remove this or maybe disable it, but why would you want to?

Hondatech
08-13-2002, 10:53 PM
Easy way to disable it. Unplug the motor ;) This'll cause that big "EPS" light on the dash to come on. Look under the hood at the firewall. You'll be able to see the steering rack and the really long tie rods no problem. The motor is the big black cylinder on top of the rack towards the drivers side.

And no, the RSX doesn't come with EPS. Only the S2000, Insight, maybe Civic Hybrid, and the EP hatch come with it.

SpeedRacer
08-13-2002, 11:05 PM
haha EPS is for are electronic steering duh. The sales man told me it was some special feature added to ABS which makes the car brake better and i believed him but now i realise he didn't know what he was talking about