PDA

View Full Version : Ground Control Coilovers

fishboy
03-12-2003, 05:18 PM
bought mine from a shop. very soft ride. adjustable so it is nice. you can get custom rates as well, i didn't though that is why it is super soft. i suggest getting some aftermarket dampners with this set. the stockers are holding up, but i don't know for how much longer. my passenger side rear is blown.

Price: 8
Drop: it is up to you
Performance: it's cool
Quality: 9
Ride: pretty much like stock if not a bit softer. to me softer doesn't necessarily mean better.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-13-2003, 09:40 AM
My car handled much nicer with the G.C's than with my current Eibach Sportlines.
But i MUST mention that the G.C's were EXTREMELY noisy, unacceptable.
They were never seated correctly & made a *bong* noise anytime I turned the steering wheel, even at a stop, not to mention the creaking/bonging over bumps.
They drove me insane, so i had to sell them.

Everyone else i've talked to had the same problem.

How bout you?

hypnoj
03-13-2003, 07:09 PM
I'm not a fan of my GC's either. I love that I can raise and lower it though (and it's easy to do it). But the ride is very soft, softer than stock, and when 2 heavy people are in the back with luggage in the hatch, I'm smackin' like crazy. I wish I had a stiffer spring. Because of the adjustability though I would recommend them. I had squeaks, just find out which spring is doing the squeaking and raise it up a little. It is squeaking because it doesn't have equal weight on it like the rest do. (after adjustment, squeaking stops). Clunking sounds is because there is even less weight and the spring isn't being used at all. Overall impression, get them if adjustability and looks is what you're all about; for performance choose something else.

JoshSI
04-07-2003, 07:40 AM
DONT BUY THEM!!! They are noisey, bouncy, and they suck!

DynaSpeed
04-07-2003, 08:33 AM
That was a very informative review JoshSi, but are you sure you installed them correctly?

I have approximately 25,000 miles on my GC's with stock shocks, and I have none of the problems that others are experiencing.
These were worth every dollar I paid for them, and wouldn't trade them for anything less than some full-coilovers. This is after many trips down the 1320 and a few Auto-X's.