PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Ground Control Coilovers

colbyh
03-12-2003, 08:06 PM
Has anyone with Ground Control coilovers had any trouble adjusting them? The ride is good, everything's the same height and aligned but too low. I can't get the back to go up because the of pressure of the spring on the adjusting ring, and the front is just difficult to get to with the stock stut perch in the way. Any ides/tips?

Hatch, Si Hatch
03-13-2003, 07:09 AM
I don't have the GC's so I don't know much about them, however I do know that you are supposed to be jacking the car up for adjustment, you may be doing this already, if so then I don't know, if not then this may be your problem.

fsugatorbait
03-13-2003, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I had GC on my accord. With the car jacked up, you could only raise the height of the car so far by hand, try putting a long screw driver in one of the notches on the perch to get some leverage...if thats not high enough for you, the only thing I could suggest would be to remove the whole assembly take off the cap and adjust the perch on the sleeve to the desired height and then reassemble...good luck.

DynaSpeed
03-13-2003, 12:07 PM
When I installed mine, I gooped up the threads with some lithium grease... now it spins no problem by hand with the car jacked up.

fishboy
03-13-2003, 02:19 PM
jack your car up, sheesh. seriously though, i can understand how it can be hard. in the fronts i have to lift up the whole assembly to get to it, kinda annoying but no biggie. the rears i had trouble with once. i had everything jacked up, you have to because you have to take the wheel off, and the fucker wouldn't move. so i sprayed it with wd40 and used wrech to get it to spin. use some wd or grease and a tool to grab the perch by the grooves and spin it. good luck yo

colbyh
03-13-2003, 03:15 PM
Just so no one thinks I rode the short bus to school: the car is jacked up and the wheels are off. I didn't grease them up though, hopefully that's the problem.

colbyh
03-15-2003, 03:47 PM
I tried lithium grease on the front and didn't like it. The grease collected all kinds of dirt and little rocks and made things a little stickier than needed. On the other hand the gift sent from the car gods .. WD 40 ... worked great. Which Brings a question to mind. Which is the greater invention, girls or WD40. Both smell nice. Girls look better than that blue can, but the blue can doesn't get jealous of your car, it helps you fix it. So unless your girlfriend helps you work on your car I think the WD40 might have a slight advantage.

Vertigo
03-15-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by colbyh
I tried lithium grease on the front and didn't like it. The grease collected all kinds of dirt and little rocks and made things a little stickier than needed. On the other hand the gift sent from the car gods .. WD 40 ... worked great. Which Brings a question to mind. Which is the greater invention, girls or WD40. Both smell nice. Girls look better than that blue can, but the blue can doesn't get jealous of your car, it helps you fix it. So unless your girlfriend helps you work on your car I think the WD40 might have a slight advantage.
I'd vote for duct tape, as the greatest invention ever:)