PDA

View Full Version : question for all lowered ep owners

jdm03ep
03-13-2003, 09:15 AM
i am looking to buy some springs this weekend and i wanted to know what springs you have and how do you like it?

ps. how much are the spoon springs and where can i get them?:confused:

K20ACTR
03-13-2003, 12:36 PM
Right now I have Skunk2 coilovers and I am very disappointed in them. I'm about to buy the Spoon springs with the non-adjustable dampers. You can get them at Randdmotorsports.com. They are about $335.

My_Blk_Si
03-13-2003, 01:45 PM
I have Ground Control... love it ... dont remember the exact price $3?? shipped...

Curious... K20ACTR... what dont you like about the skunk2 coilovers...?

K20ACTR
03-13-2003, 03:33 PM
I didn't have a problem with my Skunk2's until the last couple of months. I still have stock struts so obviously the ride is going to be harsh but it rides a lot worse on my EP than my old 00' Si. I don't really like them because they aren't made specifically for the EP, I think the spring rates are lower than they should be. I can always hear my coilovers making clunking noises too. Overall I wouldn't go with Skunk2 again.

colbyh
03-13-2003, 08:30 PM
I would say go with Ground Control. Unless you run over a crater or if you have rubber bands wrapped around your wheels instead of tires, the ride is really good. Your ride height is adjustable and springs with different rates can be used. They run Eibach springs so they're quality parts. Adjustable ride height is good if you just want your car to look good ( who doesn't ), but it's also nice if you' re really into road racing or autoxing you can play with the corner weights. Another reason ride height is important: The first time I lowewred my EP I bought Sprint springs. The ride was sloppy and my rear end sagged more than a 400 ponund 90 year old woman's can. I didn't want coilovers because springs were more convenient and I regret not buying them in the first place.:cool: