PDA

View Full Version : Parking brake engaged for 1-1/2 mo.= bad thing?

BarracksSi
03-13-2003, 04:30 PM
So, while on a trip out West since the beginning of February, I left my EP parked at the airfield with the parking brake engaged, and got back into it upon arrival late Tuesday night.

Of course there was rust on the rotors, and that's mostly come off just like it should. But, there's also a rhythmic noise coming from one of the brakes, and although it's gotten better, it hasn't gone completely away.

There is also a brake-pad-shaped area on the back rotors that's almost entirely free of corrosion, and the rest of those rotors aren't completely smoothed down.

Will the brakes eventually go back to normal?

bioevolve
03-13-2003, 04:38 PM
It should even out after abit of usage. My rotor rust in 2 days and it goes away after driving and braking abit.

fishboy
03-13-2003, 04:41 PM
yeah, when you feel like your car is all warmed up and back to normal after the month and a half break, i'd say gun it alittle bit and give the breaks a good workout. you know what i mean?

BarracksSi
03-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Sounds like a plan. I'll go out either tonight or tomorrow (or both!) so that I'm not dealing with rush hour traffic.

Heh heh heh... I sure missed my EP -- only saw maybe three on my whole trip, including two at a dealer. Then again, I wasn't looking around for cars very much -- I was sleeping on our buses a lot.