PDA

View Full Version : Current setup.....help?

Speck
03-13-2003, 09:13 PM
OK, currently I have:

Sony MEX-5DI
Factory Comps (front)
Memphis 15-PR62S 6.5 Power Reference (rear)
1 - JL 12w3D4 ((closed ProWedge box)trunk)
RF Punch 200s (Subwoofer)
Eclipse 36201 ((50 watts X 2 at 4 ohms)front and rear)

The front and rear channels are spliced to run off the Eclipse, course, I can't fade, which kinda sucks, cause I just got the Memphis' and can't hear how they sound.

Question 1: Can/should I move the Memphis' up front? Can I do this and keep the stock tweeters? Or should I do this and use the Sony's DSO and move the soundstage a bit?

Question 2: Looking at getting another 12w3, should I look at getting a vented/ported box? Or stick with sealed? (I finally decided what I wanted, I want that "Oh God, I think my chest caved in" feeling. Don't want to give up the W3 though.... I like it :))

Don't have much (read: married) money to work with here.... anything that I can do, without spending anymore right now helps.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Thanks for all the great reads. Oh and Paxie.... you da man. :)

-=speck=-

2002 Euro Yellow (or as my wife calls it: Urine Yellow) Civic SI

Jpax
03-13-2003, 10:31 PM
http://64.95.118.51/images/opti/45/26/757941-elec_lg.jpg

First off Welcome to the site. Its allways nice to hear from new people. Well Your radio is good, and the eclipse amp is good also.Your whole system is great, just need alittle more stuff.

You know if you put those nice Coax speakers in the front you are going to have disconect the factory tweeter, alot of people have said its to much treble. I would recommend you save up and get a nice set of seperates. Save your self the head ache.

http://nexxon.com/eclipse/36401.jpg
If you want fade with this set up i would power just your rear speakers with the eclipse amp its power is RMS Continuous Power 40 x 2 Channel @ 4ohms. thats good to make them play loud by them self. then power your fronts with the sony deck. then you can fade front to back. This is only a suggestion everyone has different ways of stereo hookup. just with your set up now it might work alittle better and have more versitility.

With Subs Your on the right track if you want the Boom and thump. If you tune a ported box right with (2) 12" woofers you can deffen you and your family ;) But of course a seal box will thump or "hit" harder but you need ALOT more power. Ported is the cheap and easy way to go .:cool:

Speck
03-20-2003, 08:52 PM
Just wanted to pass on where I am at now:

Headunit: Sony MEX-5DI
Front: Kicker Resolution RS6
Rear: Memphis Power Reference 6.5"
Subs: Two JL Audio 12W3-D4 (Custom sealed box, Pics coming when finished)
Amps: RF 200s for sub. Alpine MRP-F200 4 Chan for Fronts and Rears.

Just finished the install on the componants tonightl; Now I under stand why the cost for installs.... I will NEVER try it again, very very nerve wracking, let alone, my hands just stoped bleeding ;-)

What amp SHOULD I be running to these subs? I do not want ANY chance of blowing them, but I do want to run them at the best the can go. What wattage?

Opinions?

-=speck=-

2002 Euro Yellow Pearl