PDA

View Full Version : I need some help here guys!!!

BlackNRedSi
03-14-2003, 09:58 AM
ok...alot of people have said good things and bad things about my stereo system...if you want to see the full system check it out @ the bottom of the page....

people are saying that the Sony amps i have arent up to snuff...i realize that sony amps arent the best, but these ones have been working great for a while now for me....

take a look @ this photo i have, if i go and get a JL amp, its not going to fit into the cutout i have for the sony amp...

any suggestions guys?!

Thanks,

Eric

Jpax
03-14-2003, 10:17 AM
The area around your amps should be made of MDF , it should be a cover, just pull it out buy a new amp and make a new cover board. Its not hard. But have the shop do they will make sure it look nice.

EnJaNir
03-14-2003, 10:31 AM
If you enjoy the sound of your system, the layout of your system, and have been happy with its performance and reliablilty, what does it really matter what other people think about it???

It all ends up being personal preference, you took the time and money to have that setup which looks really sweet, not exactly my taste though.

In the end its up to you.

BlackNRedSi
03-14-2003, 10:37 AM
ok...thanks guys,

i doubt im goign to buy a new amp any time soon...the amp i have is doing its job just fine...sure a jl amp might make a whole big difference, but i am happy with what i have....i cant go blowing another 400 dollars on a darn amp, when i can use that 400 to make my car look better

eric

jaydub
03-15-2003, 11:49 AM
Stick with what you've got, if you're happy with the sound. Hell, people knock my picks too, and I'm spending a crapload of money on components and amps, and going with dual 8" image dynamics subs in the hatch area, because i need my trunk space.

Even if you paid $800 for an Arc Audio or Zapco amp, there'd be someone out there who would knock it. :)