PDA

View Full Version : AEM CAI questions

master7
03-14-2003, 04:16 PM
I am getting a AEM CAI in this weekend and i want to know has anybody heard of someone hydrolocking their engine

and what are really the chances of this happening- i mean you go to the AEM website they use the word ( Filter being Submerged can cause hydrolock) i dont think i have every ran through that much water to say the front of my car was submerged! :angel:

give me some thought i am anxious to make this purchase, but i want to hear from the people. peace

jaydub
03-14-2003, 04:24 PM
I think they mention it because they want people to take caution if they're going to be driving in the rain. I think the solution is simple: Don't drive through deep puddles, and you'll be just fine. Even driving in heavy downpour isn't going to hurt it, the entire filter has to be underwater for it to suck that water into the engine.

Mugen_EP
03-14-2003, 04:26 PM
I hydrolocked my 2000 si with a AEM CAI, but that was in Texas with flash flooding and it was either drive in the rain or not get home for 4 days. This was before the bypass valve was released. Needless to say I got the AEM CAI for my EP also. I dont believe it's really that common and it's a great product.

master7
03-14-2003, 04:35 PM
how much did it run you to get back on the road after hydrolocking.

fASTBACK
03-14-2003, 04:37 PM
Don't worry about the hydrolocking unless you intend to swim with your car. The whole filter has to be submerged in water like a submerine inorder to suck up water. Heavy down poor and puddles can't do anything unless they are 1 foot deep. Im guessing you never owned a AEM CAI. Well, you won't regreat it I garrantee you.

master7
03-15-2003, 11:26 AM
Nope , I have never owned one, but I am looking forward to it today!, thanks:)