PDA

View Full Version : why????? stains

SoCaLep3
03-14-2003, 10:06 PM
I got stains on my passenger seat, and its annoying the hell outa me. I dont want to ruin the fabric so i havnt touched it with anything yet... what do you guys recomend to get this out???

IceD out N CALI
03-14-2003, 10:12 PM
jus curious, what kind of stains

Toy2Si
03-14-2003, 10:55 PM
well if you really not able to remove it i suggest you call tech formula of san diego they can probably chemically removed that...they are located in miramar road...had my car's exterior and interior teflon coated from this guys...

HgSi
03-14-2003, 11:55 PM
Teflon coated? Wow. I've never heard of such a thing. Now you have a non-stick Si? Road grime just wipes off? It sounds interesting, how much did it cost?

Loudpedal
03-15-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
jus curious, what kind of stains LOL

Funny, this girl I knew in high school had stains that sound remarkably similiar on her front passenger seat:D

blueiedgod
03-15-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Loudpedal
LOL

Funny, this girl I knew in high school had stains that sound remarkably similiar on her front passenger seat:D

don't be a cheap skate next time and get a $30 motel room!!!!!:D

i would imagine it is very uncomfortable in the Si, the front seats don't fold flat. My CR-V has a bed feature where you can fold the front and rear seats to form 2 beds. :D

SiR Medic
03-15-2003, 07:23 AM
In order to remove the stain... Whatever it is:rolleyes:... Depends on what caused it.

The first thing I bought for my car was 2 cans of scotch gaurd... Coated every piece of fabric, including the trunk. A must-do for anybody!

SubliminalSi
03-15-2003, 09:52 AM
I have a stain there to! But i have no idea how it got there and how long its been there. Oh well, the rest is to messy to really notice anyways:D

Chrisbgft
03-15-2003, 10:35 AM
actually that backseat isnt too bad for it. We usually just do it while driving, she is on my lap steering and i got the pedals!!..lol.

SoCaLep3
03-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by blueiedgod

don't be a cheap skate next time and get a $30 motel room!!!!!:D
i would imagine it is very uncomfortable in the Si, the front seats don't fold flat. My CR-V has a bed feature where you can fold the front and rear seats to form 2 beds. :D

if you role the seats all the way back there is actually alot of room for her to get down in the leg area, and if you adjust the seats all the way down viola u got the next best thing to a bed

Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
jus curious, what kind of stains

I think its ketchup, but im not sure:)

SoCaLep3
03-15-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
In order to remove the stain... Whatever it is:rolleyes:... Depends on what caused it.

The first thing I bought for my car was 2 cans of scotch gaurd... Coated every piece of fabric, including the trunk. A must-do for anybody!

lets just say that it is ketchup, cus i think it was my little brother that got some on it when he was eating in my car.......how wud u get it out ?

SiR Medic
03-15-2003, 06:37 PM
scrape up as much as the dry crusties that you can...

After that, try a good auto-fabric cleaner.

DO NOT USE HOT WATER!

If it is ketchup, or some other organic material, heat will "cook" it right into the fibres.

Dab, don't wipe. Wiping will only spread the gunk. Blot it with a clean white cloth so you can see if the stuff is coming off.

Keep at it until the stain is gone.

Then... Buy some Scotch-Guard and spray those seats till the cows come home

:)

"It's a good thing."
http://a444.g.akamai.net/7/444/703/20010909212559/www.marthastewart.com/images/mso/bio_martha.jpg

(p.s. Martha is a fabulous babe: Rich, keeps the house tidy, good cook, and pretty good lookin' for being in her fifties!:p)

ALCT
03-15-2003, 10:22 PM
how about oxyclean?

HgSi
03-17-2003, 01:30 AM
Scotch guard won't spoil the fabric in anyway? As in make it less plush-feeling or something?

BlairSpeed
03-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Toy2Si
well if you really not able to remove it i suggest you call tech formula of san diego they can probably chemically removed that...they are located in miramar road...had my car's exterior and interior teflon coated from this guys...

just curious how you got your interior teflon coated??? I dont think that is possible. Ive heard of the exterior but explain how they teflon coat the interior........ :p