PDA

View Full Version : Wing

SpeedRacer
07-31-2002, 03:30 PM
does anyone know whare i can get the type r wing only? or nay wing in that matter for are car?

Post 2: (from SBC31 closed/deleted that one since this was a double post)

How much and whare can i get the type R wing i dont care if it is a replica

SBC31
07-31-2002, 03:40 PM
kingmotorsports has a mugen kit now available, but the wing is way over priced.
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/products/mugen/civic_ep/ep3_rear_wing.jpg

Erebuni also lists a wing (but they show a pic of an actual Type R, so who know's what it does look like)
http://members.rogers.com/sbc31/rwing011.jpg

Here's the link for Erebuni (http://www.erebunicorp.com/new/HONDA.htm)

02SilverSiHB
07-31-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by SBC31
kingmotorsports has a mugen kit now available, but the wing is way over priced.

I guess not only because it's a mugen, but because it's adjustable

SpeedRacer
07-31-2002, 03:57 PM
you think it is worth it?

do you guys think i should buy the Erebuni wing? how much do you think it will cost to paint it i have a white car so will i need to paint it? Well should i buy it or not? 250$$ dosn't seem to bad will my car look alot better?

OR SHOULD i wait and get a Carbon Fiber hood?

grooveline
07-31-2002, 06:03 PM
carbon fiber... although, is that money burning a hole in your pocket?

SBC31
07-31-2002, 06:17 PM
Are carbon fiber hoods even worth it. Do they save that much weight? Personally I like a body coloured hood, but then again the carbon fiber hood can look good on some cars.

I would get the wing, and if you want I will even let you buy me one...lol!

SpeedRacer
07-31-2002, 06:39 PM
yes it is burning a hole in my pocket but i dont car so you guys think the carbon fiber hood will look good on my White Si?

2k2civicSi
07-31-2002, 07:06 PM
black hood on a white car is bad a$$ but i wana you to buy the wing so we can all see it lOl

SpeedRacer
07-31-2002, 07:24 PM
f*** I CANT decide hmm either way i will be doing a good modification i guess what would you guys do?

K20NutBucket
07-31-2002, 09:36 PM
i think our hood isnt that heavy due to how small it is. Id get the wing first, than body kit than hood but thats just my opinion.

JaycivicSi
08-02-2002, 06:00 PM
i think the wing would make it look so much better. its only $250. if i had money i would buy it. does anyone know how much and when a carbon fiber hood will come out. i have a white one too and ive wanted a carbon fiber hood for a while now.

2sloSi
08-16-2002, 10:09 PM
Dude, that wing is bad ass i'd get that asap. Then save up to get the cf hood, they look sweet on white.

VegasEP
08-17-2002, 03:46 PM
Does anyone make a CTR wing without the LED Brake light ? Don't we have a third brake light in the hatch just below the stock wing? This is brake light overkill.

2fastcivic
08-20-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by VegasEP
Does anyone make a CTR wing without the LED Brake light ? Don't we have a third brake light in the hatch just below the stock wing? This is brake light overkill.

you make a good point about the brake light. i didnt even notice our brake light was inside the hatch. damn i was about to order the wing too but nevermind.

GoofySI
08-21-2002, 02:59 AM
I say you should get the carbon fiber hood....that would look hot on a white si. :D

SBC31
08-21-2002, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by VegasEP
Well, you could always remove the interior 3rd brake light. Or if your Civic's rear window has a dark tint like my car, simply disconect the 3rd brake light.

p.s. I could be wrong, but I don't think the stock 02 CTR hatch wing has a brake light in it. Can anyone from Europe confirm this. (for those of you in Europe, who are not sure what I mean, simply remove your hatch wing, then send it to me, and I will check it for you.....lol:D :D :D. A silver wing would be best for me to check...:D :D :D

2sloSi
08-21-2002, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by SBC31
p.s. I could be wrong, but I don't think the stock 02 CTR hatch wing has a brake light in it. Can anyone from Europe confirm this. (for those of you in Europe, who are not sure what I mean, simply remove your hatch wing, then send it to me, and I will check it for you.....lol:D :D :D. A silver wing would be best for me to check...:D :D :D

LOL! :) Dude, that was good!

2fastcivic
08-21-2002, 12:03 PM
i was also thinking of just disconnecting the brake light and hook it up to the light on the wing since i have dark tint.

Hondatech
08-27-2002, 08:25 PM
Argh! If no one else has the Erebuni Type R style wing by October (and unless a better option comes out) I'll get it and see what it's like!:D