PDA

View Full Version : to the so called ill. meet on saturday!

crex2nr
03-15-2003, 03:48 PM
as it turned out only two people showed up to this meet, myself and enjanir, with one other madmod, who got there after we had left. i dont know what the hell happended, everyone seemed geeked about the meet, yet no one else showed up! :( i thought for sure since today was the nicest weather we had so far this year, that a few of you would have had the ability to show up. i guess i was wrong, i know that there are not that many of us around, yet, but for everyone to say yes and not do anything about makes me think that some of you are oh how do i put this, PUSSIES! i really thought this was going to happen, but you know what pisses my off more, is the fact that after i went to woodfield and saw Michelle Branch at marshall fields i went and had lunch at hooters; God i love that place! i left there with my buddy and what did we see, a damn nissan gathering!! seeing about 20 to 30 various nissans pissed me off because i thought to myself why cant we hook up like that? please read this and reply, i want to hear what everyone thinks. sorry i took so long but i had to vent. later Jay

EnJaNir
03-15-2003, 03:54 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p874ed445fad351e73b2ea79d44624ed4/fc8045fc.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/pa321846f858427ec329495ef4663ab20/fc8045fd.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p24aef4eb7cf7211d551d932b545eb91f/fc8045ff.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p7a7aeb1cfeef6f918e74467d98273dc0/fc804601.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p0c8da02a05913aa7ef65c7bfe175ecd7/fc804602.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p0d07f68c93475b8c6ab63702fa9432fc/fc804604.jpg

IceD out N CALI
03-15-2003, 04:13 PM
that sux, hopefully you guys get a bigger group next time

crex2nr
03-15-2003, 04:29 PM
i almost want to go to cali for some si i love i dont know if i can take this kind of rejection anymor. lol ! i appreciate the sentiment though

icegrill
03-15-2003, 08:31 PM
That looks pathetic:'(

SmoothOperator
03-15-2003, 08:35 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p874ed445fad351e73b2ea79d44624ed4/fc8045fc.jpg
Better do something about the camber in the rear!!
And I hope the Ontario meet doesn't end up like that.

Silver7
03-15-2003, 10:46 PM
yeah the weather was great today . perhaps ppl will keep their words next time.

SIxtasy
03-16-2003, 12:19 AM
Sorry to hear about the bad turn out Jay. You know I would have been there if I didn't have to work. It is dissapointing to see that none of the Chicagoland EP's care enough to show up. I know that you and I are talking every other day now, but damn I had hoped maybe more people were like us. Actually wanting to make the EP scene in Chicago something special. Oh well. I guess We'll have to orginize the next meet.:eek: Laterz

- Jeffrey -

IceD out N CALI
03-16-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by crex2nr
i almost want to go to cali for some si i love i dont know if i can take this kind of rejection anymor. lol ! i appreciate the sentiment though

its all good:)

Mad02Si
03-16-2003, 01:41 AM
Yeah I got there late, and thought I missed everybody. I woke up at 1205 and drove like a mad man to get down there and nobody was around. After driving around today I realized that our car is very rare in the everyday car scene. We could have something special with this group of cars but nobody cares. I usaully dont want to socialize with people I dont really know but I was willing to make a change in my life just to meet new people and maybe get my car picture on the site with some others. I hope that next time better planning can be involve and people can take it more serious when they say they are coming. I woke up and panicked thinking you guys would hate on me if I didnt show, so I kept my word and went.

Woodfield is nice and all for it's many places, but it is just to fucking crowded. We should come up with a better local thats well known and easy to find, and close to everybody.

Suk02Si
03-16-2003, 02:28 AM
wow that sucks. Every weekend I get together with at least two or three fellow members because we're all pretty close friends now. This reminds me of the D3 meet in Carson.. :o

MiniVanMan
03-16-2003, 04:41 AM
No one asked me to go dammit...oh well i was ballin anyway im down to go next time kids:cool:

paralysis
03-16-2003, 07:47 AM
I would have been there, but my Ep and I are in Kansas. With the next meet someone may want to message or e-mail everyone in our location, I think there are a few people in the area posts that are from IL & WI, that said that they would go to a meet. But may not be on here everyday like some of us.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-16-2003, 08:36 AM
Damn that is pretty sad.
I'm used to attending meets with 100-150 Maximas.
I know our cars arent as popular, but only 2 heads showed up?
arrgh.
:(

EnJaNir
03-16-2003, 08:53 AM
OK...after reading more of peoples thoughts...here goes

I own a subaru svx, more rare then the si, and we (the svx community) are happy when even 2 or 3 can show up and "shoot the shit" I was happy that Jay showed up, I wasn't pleased that soo many no showed, I'm sorry Mad02 that you showed up late:(

So far the suggestions have been, email everyone in the area..get better planning, well its hard to email everyone when we frist off don't know of those who would be willing to attend, and secondly don't have a current email address. As for planning, we have been talking about this get together for at least a week, yes a week is short time, but it did stir up a lot of "ill show up" but very few actually came through.

If you want, please pm me, or email me at laim@insightbb.com and i will compile a list of those in the immediate area who would be willing to attend a midwest si meet and try to get something in the works for this summer. I've organized a coupel meets before and had people come from even memphis and kentucky.

what do you guys think?

crex2nr
03-16-2003, 09:10 AM
its nice to know that there are other riders out there who feel the way that i do! im not trying to put anyone down or hurt anyones feelings, but this is something i really car about, my Si. i know there are people in the chicago area which includes pretty much the whole state and wis and parts of indiana and dont see why we cant organize a meet. i guess some of us are just funny like that or something. im planning on going to a few meets in the coming months, places like milan dragway in michigan, gingerman raceway and a few other spots around the area. this is what i want to do because i love my car and i want to find others who are as passionate about their rides as i am. it sucks sometimes because i wished i lived in the east or west coast because of the weather all year,maybe one day. so to all the riders in my neck of the woods, come on down lets get something together so we can represent the ill wis contingent. sorry this is so long ill try to keep it short in the future

Chrisbgft
03-16-2003, 12:25 PM
man, u guys were there?? I looked everyone for people, i cruised up and around by the theatre and everything looking for people. I am from Fox Lake and thats about an hour from woodfield. I thought everyone just pussed out so i left right around 12:30. I went down there with this chicago car club i am getting into most likely. they are called deepspeed chicago.

crex2nr
03-16-2003, 06:43 PM
well if you were, we didnt see you. im not mad, just disappointed at the low turn out. its okay though, ill be organizing a meet soon enough