PDA

View Full Version : My Si is making a weird buzzing sound at highspeeds?

ep pilot
03-15-2003, 05:51 PM
Today I was out entertaining my itch to do some highspeed spirited driving, I basically found some roads that had some pretty nice hills and large sweeping turns. I found the car to pull a grade with exceptional momentum, there isn

chakra71
03-15-2003, 08:28 PM
i noticed this when i first got the car. that howl... i can't tell if it comes from the dash or what. at that speed there's not time or attention left to search for it. It was strange that after a week or two it stopped. then after lowering my car i took it back up to speed and the noise is back. i remember some other users posting about this a long time ago, i don't recall what they determined it was tho.

SmoothOperator
03-15-2003, 08:32 PM
It's the sewing maching under the hood :D

Mugen_EP
03-15-2003, 09:30 PM
It's the mice begging for more cheese.:D :D :D

ep pilot
03-16-2003, 11:05 AM
My best guess, is that the sound we hear is excessive turbulence buffeting from within the engine bay. It looks like our cars have a huge gap in between the front wheel openings, making it possible for the air to get trapped in there. I didn

TomR123
03-16-2003, 11:42 AM
Did you happen to look in the rearview mirror? Coulda been the cops :D

SiGirlNamedSong
03-16-2003, 11:29 PM
omg i thought my car was the only one doin this. sometimes my car does that when i go just a bit over 80 mph. and yeaa i actually called up honda to ask if they could fix it and they laughed at me sayin there's no legal way they could. thats really some fuggin BS.

oh yeah and now i officially like this board. :)