PDA

View Full Version : Somebody Keyed My Car!

Tekdemon
03-15-2003, 08:24 PM
AAAAAAAGHHHH!!! I don't believe this shit!
I'm home for spring break in NYC, so this morning I wake up and look out the window(had her parked right below) and what do I see? Some moron parallel parked right in front of me, his bumper touching my poor baby's.

So I get dressed half asleep and go downstairs to move my car and after I'm done I look over the front where the license plate was and all and go back indoors.

Then tonight I'm headed out with my family to go shopping and my mother sees this HUGE gouge on the passenger side, it's this LOOONG fucking line all the way across the door.

Then I walk to the drivers side and it's worse because there's a long line too, but although most of the line is really light, there are these areas with deep fucking gouges.

I ran out to 2 RS Strauss auto places but they're both semi-out of stock on almost all the silver repair stuff...apparently there's a rash of assholes keying people's cars lately or something.

Finally I got a little tube of the Meguiar's ScratchX stuff...I dunno if this crap works, but hopefully it should take care of the lighter scratch. As for the deeper gouge I might have to use some touchup compound and then use this stuff and THEN wax over?

I don't really know what the hell to do about this...I really want to pound the fucker that did this into the dirt and then kick his fucking head another few times.

I actually know which car is the one backed into mine, but I'm not sure if it's the same fucker that keyed my car...so randomly attacking people probably wouldn't be a good idea. God dammit...

Someone please help!

Tekdemon
03-15-2003, 08:29 PM
I'm also suspecting that this might have been some sort of attack on me because I'm a minority...but that hardly makes sense because there's lots of us here...so my other theory was that this was an attack on Honda Civics!

I'm not kidding because I was walking around looking at other people's cars to see if they got keyed too and I see this dude of the same minority group as me using touchup paint on his white Honda Civic! His was an older one, but still, it seemed like too much of a coincidence that 2 Civics, the only ones on the block, got keyed in the same day?!

So yeah, if anybody here has info on which fucker in a Queens neighborhood hates Civics and may have recently bragged about keying any...please do let me know..........

Grr...they better hope they don't own a car themselves...cuz if I fucking find out which fucker this is...keying is gonna look like child's play.

SmoothOperator
03-15-2003, 08:30 PM
D'oh that's super shitty man. Sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately I know nothing about paint repair. I just wanted to give you my sympathies. :(

SiR Medic
03-15-2003, 08:36 PM
:mad:

WHOEVER DID THIS TO YOUR RIDE NEEDS A NAIL-BAT BEATIN'!

http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/drallen/public_html/nailbat.gif

YOU DO NOT FUK WITH ANOTHER MAN'S AUTOMOBILE!

golferjn
03-15-2003, 09:49 PM
sorry to hear that man

Tekdemon
03-17-2003, 02:19 PM
:'( :'( I used some meguiar's scratchx and all it did was remove the very light parts of the scratches...in other words almost none of it :'( :'(

Now I'm not sure what to do...I can't afford a new paint job and my insurance deductible is $1000 and I don't have that on hand...garrgh....

Must...hunt...down...bastard...somehow...

03hatch
03-21-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Tekdemon
:'( :'( I used some meguiar's scratchx and all it did was remove the very light parts of the scratches...in other words almost none of it :'( :'(

Now I'm not sure what to do...I can't afford a new paint job and my insurance deductible is $1000 and I don't have that on hand...garrgh....

Must...hunt...down...bastard...somehow...

key your car some more so you can do insurance on it and get a new paint job...ask your parents :D

hamproof
03-21-2003, 12:28 PM
Vandalism falls under comprehensive. I find it hard to believe your comp. deductible is $1000. You might as well not get comp if it is $1000.

Mine are 100/500 comp. and broad form collision (broad available in Michigan).

$100 makes sense coz' I expect to use it for windshield replacement. Most places will pay your deductible to get your business. So, glass replacement cost me nothing.

Tekdemon
03-21-2003, 06:09 PM
I really only got comprehensive because the stupid loan I took out required it until the car's paid off...

But I'm not actually sure what the comp deductible is since my parents went ahead and switched out the insurance plan a little while ago...I had it set up as $1000 for everything I think though...

I will check

BlackNRedSi
04-15-2003, 06:22 AM
ok....

This is what you do, (cause I did it with my old camaro when some jack off keyed it).

First off, you got a auto loan from a bank (I work for a bank, so I know their rules). They are going to make you have

Comp and Collision most insurance companies will give you 1000Comp/500Collison, so its 1000/500, unless you specify otherwise.

Call your insurance companies hotline, not your actual insurance adjuster, ask them exactly what your coverage under this situation. If they say it

potator
04-18-2003, 12:23 AM
Crap man, sorry to hear that. It really sucks. :(
I know how it feels too man, although mine wasn't done maliciously by others, I've gotten a few scratches here and there as well. Just the other day when I was driving my car up the driveway into the garage (I was driving it into the right edge of the garage, since my mom's car is in the left side) I was accidentally too close to the edge, and while going in, my right rear view mirror hit the edge of the garage entrance! Man was I pissed, and had no one to blame but me. After I got out of the car to check, it had some nasty scratches on it. :'( But anyway, I was lucky enough that the only damage it caused was those minor scratches on the mirror and nothing else (since the mirror folds in, all it did was fold my mirror inward) I was thinking about what would have happened if this same deal happened when I was reversing my car instead of going in. :o Yeah, I was real glad that our EPs have retractable mirrors when that happened. Another time was when my car was parked next to my friend's mom's car in their driveway, and when his mom was opening the door of her car to get in, it hit the left side of my EP, leaving a small scratch kinda thing. It's really small, and unnoticeable unless close, but still ticked me off a great deal. So I can't even imagine how you'd feel with some stupid idiot keying your car like that. A friend of mine had his red 02' SE-R Spec-V keyed the first week he got it, but still didn't do anything to repair/salvage/hide the marks since they're a bit hard to see coupled with the red color. Anyway, good luck on getting that EP of yours lookin good again, and let me know how it goes on finding those damned fools around there.

CleanBlackSi02
04-18-2003, 11:39 AM
I know you can think of a more constructive title for the thread than that. ;)

I SELL HONDAS
04-30-2003, 08:43 PM
Nail their privates to the floor, then give them a rusty tin can lid to cut themselfs free!! Yea thats the ticket!!:angel:

minimay7
05-01-2003, 09:48 PM
I say someone has to invent a camera that takes all four angles of the car and acts like a blackbox of some sort... It takes picture every 5 sec while you are gone. And it resets at the end of the day unless you tell it not to. That way, you have a way to get these cowards!!!

FailureToStart
05-06-2003, 12:28 AM
Fuck the bastards that do this to us! My friend caught a guy doin' that shit to my car and he tracked him down, shoved like 2 lbs. of silly putty into his exhaust with a broomstick. We watched one morning and saw his car take 30 sec to start, and it billowed clouds of smoke. I sh1t you not, it was enough to work as a military smoke bomb. His car has not been fucked with to this day.