PDA

View Full Version : What Honda should do with the Si???

jafra98
07-31-2002, 06:04 PM
In my opinion Honda should offer the Civic Si for 2003 with:

1) 16 or 17 inch rims from the factory
2) lower suspension
3) new colors

That should help in sales for the Civic Si because if you look into other car manufacturers they offer a lot more for the same price as an Si.......................Just my opinion

SBC31
07-31-2002, 06:13 PM
Some cars do offer different things, but sometimes the same cars don't have some of the features the Si has (ie Seats, Steering wheel.....) ("the grass isn't greener on the other side")

As for the wheels, I don't mind so much that they come with 15" since I like to add my own personal wheels. I'm sure Honda considered this when they brought out the Si. Heck, the RSX Type S only has 16"ers and most owners put the wheel of their choice on.

Note also that colours will change for next year with the gold being replaced with blue. And like Canada got for 2002, maybe the US will get a red one.

Here's my list on what they should change. (although if they do this I would be pissed at them...lol!)

1. Some sort of side skirts since I find that the lower side of our cars is missing something.

2. Change the front and rear bumper side reflectors. Removing them would be great, but if they can't due to NA laws, then make them smaller and flush with the bumper.

3. I also agree that the car should be lower, the height of the Typr R would be fine.

MagusDC5
07-31-2002, 06:41 PM
personally I wouldnt mind it if they just released a lip kit which would at least make it look half as decent as the CTR...the motor is not bad at all, hey it could be worse, like a D17A2 ;)

DamnYo
07-31-2002, 06:57 PM
give the option for the rsx-s engine and change the fuel system

DamnYo
07-31-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by MagusDC5
personally I wouldnt mind it if they just released a lip kit which would at least make it look half as decent as the CTR...the motor is not bad at all, hey it could be worse, like a D17A2 ;)
i've seen a heavily modded d17(as heavily modded as they can get) beat an rsx-s. of course the rsx was stock, but the guy was still embarrassed

MagusDC5
07-31-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by DamnYo

i've seen a heavily modded d17(as heavily modded as they can get) beat an rsx-s. of course the rsx was stock, but the guy was still embarrassed

riiiiiiiiiiight. The D17A2 is the motor in the 7G Civic EX, and no way even heavily modded will it touch the K20A2. The guy mustve not have been racing, or cant drive worth a shit.

SpeedRacer
07-31-2002, 07:02 PM
i bet he was embarassed

they should discontinue are cars so noone else will have it accept for us that would be cool

2k2civicSi
07-31-2002, 07:03 PM
i think they should offer an oem body kit like for the ex and some other colors like red for the us and blue for bolth

MagusDC5
07-31-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by DamnYo
give the option for the rsx-s engine and change the fuel system

That would be a Civic Type R then, because thats the only difference, minus the Lip kit and recaros.

SpeedRacer
07-31-2002, 07:14 PM
magus your a cool cat

MagusDC5
07-31-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
magus your a cool cat

why thank u :D

SpeedRacer
07-31-2002, 07:16 PM
why your welcome:D

iR-VTEC2
07-31-2002, 08:41 PM
Crappy rims, suspension for the wilderness...

Honda KNOWS that people are gonna change the rims and suspension. That's why they offer the shittee stuff.
"Why waste money?" they must have said.

DamnYo
07-31-2002, 08:49 PM

riiiiiiiiiiight. The D17A2 is the motor in the 7G Civic EX, and no way even heavily modded will it touch the K20A2. The guy mustve not have been racing, or cant drive worth a shit.
I'll admit I don't know a ton about the RSX-S but I do know it has 200hp at the flywheel(don't know about whp). The 7g civic si(canada) that I saw was running a 75 shot NX kit with a few other things done to it that I never got into detail about. So to the wheels you are looking at ~180hp which is somewhere around what the RSX-S numbers are I'm guessing.

And with the weight advantage going to the civic by about 200lbs I'd say the stock type s could lose and did in the race i saw. A modded type s would surely win but this stock one didn't.

iR-VTEC2
07-31-2002, 08:54 PM
Ok....if i had to pick from that car you said....versus da beaRss....id pick...

DA BEARSSS!!!

MagusDC5
07-31-2002, 09:42 PM
The 7g civic si(canada) that I saw was running a 75 shot NX kit with a few other things done to it that I never got into detail about.

See you didnt mention it was spraying. Thats completly different than just the normal "mods"...i/h/e etc dosnt do shat for the EM2. I know, I have one.

ColinCivicSiR
07-31-2002, 09:54 PM
DamnYo wrote.

"And with the weight advantage going to the civic by about 200lbs I'd say the stock type s could lose and did in the race i saw. A modded type s would surely win but this stock one didn't."

FYI..........The RSX-S weight is 1257 Kg's and our Si is 1249 Kg's......thats about 20 pounds tops difference in weight.........the difference between a fat guy like me and a regular guy.

1fastminivan
07-31-2002, 09:58 PM
Hey MagusDC5,
I love your avatar man!! hahahaha:D

SpeedRacer
07-31-2002, 09:59 PM
well im a skinny guy so my car is lighter than all of you when im sitting in it. i want to put 300 shot of N20 what do you guys think?

CleanBlackSi02
07-31-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by iR-VTEC2
Crappy rims, suspension for the wilderness...

Honda KNOWS that people are gonna change the rims and suspension. That's why they offer the shittee stuff.
"Why waste money?" they must have said.

-Now that I have my car down a few inches I actually kinda like the stockers. Not that I won't replace them eventually. But, now that I see it looks good....no hurry.

-I'd like to see an OEM body kit personally.

2k2civicSi
07-31-2002, 10:36 PM
''i want to put 300 shot of N20 what do you guys think?''
i think you are gona blow your shit up is what i think

insomniac
08-01-2002, 03:16 AM
Regarding the 15" alloys on the Si, If you look at pictures of the 5 door hatchback, they seem to come with the same wheels.
http://home.wi.rr.com/jstawski/cvc5dr.jpg

Busta J
08-01-2002, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
well im a skinny guy so my car is lighter than all of you when im sitting in it. i want to put 300 shot of N20 what do you guys think?

I think that when you're racing the car and you open the laptop up and apply the NNNAAAWWWSSS via computer software, you will get a big flashing screen that says "DANGER TO MANIFOLD!!"

..... as seen in some crappy movie.

AkronSi
08-01-2002, 05:48 AM
My wish list includes:

1.) A six speed.

2.) A higher rev limit.

3.) A lower ride height

4.) And, finally, at least 16" rims like the RSX. I know most people would replace them quickly, but at least the handling out of the box would be a little more responsive without the sidewall flex.

But, then I'd want a new car! :)

MagusDC5
08-01-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by ColinCivicSiR
DamnYo wrote.

"And with the weight advantage going to the civic by about 200lbs I'd say the stock type s could lose and did in the race i saw. A modded type s would surely win but this stock one didn't."

FYI..........The RSX-S weight is 1257 Kg's and our Si is 1249 Kg's......thats about 20 pounds tops difference in weight.........the difference between a fat guy like me and a regular guy.

He is talking about the CANADIAN Si which would be our EX....in canada the USDM Si is the SiR...

MagusDC5
08-01-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by 1fastminivan
Hey MagusDC5,
I love your avatar man!! hahahaha:D

hehe...too bad avatars gotta be 90x90 my liscense plate even says GO VTEC :D

DamnYo
08-01-2002, 07:39 PM

See you didnt mention it was spraying. Thats completly different than just the normal "mods"...i/h/e etc dosnt do shat for the EM2. I know, I have one.
my bad on not mentioning nitrous. i know i/h/e doesn't do it on a 2k1. i have one also as my daily driver. my fun cars are a civic hatch and a 300zx tt