PDA

View Full Version : Locking problem...please help

fsugatorbait
03-17-2003, 09:40 AM
Pulled my door pannels off for what seems like the 10th time to finish my stereo install, everything went good. After I finished I went to lock my car using the keyless entry and my drivers door doesnt lock. The lights blink, the passenger and hatch door lock and unlock but the drivers door doesnt.
It wont lock inside using the lock switch either, everything else is normal, window's mirrors, etc...im gonna pull the door pannel off today after work but just wanted to see if any of you guys have any idea with what could be wrong?
p.s...It locks with the key. when pushing the button you dont hear the mechanism working inside...thinking it might be a safety kill of somekind...please help.

hamproof
03-17-2003, 11:12 AM
But is your window down by any chance when you tried to lock it?

Also, if your door closed when you try to lock the doors?

fsugatorbait
03-17-2003, 11:17 AM
nope, everythings up and all doors are closed tight

chakra71
03-17-2003, 03:20 PM
probably didn't plug in the connector for the lock switch all the way, or at all. that would be the first place i would check.

fsugatorbait
03-17-2003, 03:30 PM
I hope its somethin simple like that, however the lock switch works to unlock/lock the passenger door and hatch....well see in about an hr. when i get home from work.

BlairSpeed
03-17-2003, 03:47 PM
I heard that once you replace your stock deck, the locks dont always work the same. some sort of relay switch or something.

fsugatorbait
03-17-2003, 03:54 PM
yeah, that was a problem for the 98 and older civic's...ive had my system in my car now for about 2 weeks without problem, and had both door pannels off numerous times. It figures that when I finally get the doors completed something comes up.

speedjunkiez
03-17-2003, 09:13 PM
i dont know if you have found the problem yet........ when you pulld your inside door handle off there is a rod that connects to it witch connects to the door lock accuator if you did not reconnect this rod when you reinstalled your door panel it will not work properly. :p

fsugatorbait
03-18-2003, 10:26 AM
nothing...i took off the pannel to find everything connected, it was practically dark so i didnt spend much time looking at the individual wires and such...sounds like this weekends project to go along with JDM custom taillights...