PDA

View Full Version : I dont want to loose her.

SiNi$t3R
03-17-2003, 11:11 PM
When i read Type X's post . It sadened me because it has brought me back memories when my civic ex was stolen on memorial day of 01' . i mean it didint have much in it . Sure it was a new car and it had all the basic bolt ons, springs, rims, strut bars and a newly bought cf hood. I was also saving up money for a swap. One day she was taken from me. When the cops found her the next day, I saw her at the impound and she was stripped down to the sun visors. I felt i myself was raped. She was even sittin on some toyota wheels and 2 spares. On top of all this, i had to pay $2,500.00 for my insurance deductable because of my speeding tickets i've accumilated with my other car. So i was shit outta luck there. After gettin back my ex but not fully restored, I bought a detachable steering wheel from http://www.tekniqauto.com/US/home.htm It worked well for me but the problem is that i did not have an airbag in my ride anymore. After reading Type X's post ( http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10277 ) i started searching for a car alarm or some sort of mobile security. I myself am not a fan of car alarms. But u gotta do what u gotta do. I came across this http://www.commandocaralarms.com/itemdetails.asp?ProductID=496. It has a 2 way pager and a remote start. With a price tag of $169, it has managed to get my attention. I was wondering if u guys know about this alarm. I really dont wanna loose my Ep. She is my baby and if i loose her, Im affraid Im going to loose it and go mad forcing me to unleash hate upon this world. So if u guys could help me pick the best way i could protect my baby i would appreciate it. As one Ep owner to another, thx.

SiNi$t3R
03-17-2003, 11:12 PM
I was also thinking about adding this on for extra security. www.autolock.com

SiNi$t3R
03-17-2003, 11:16 PM
This is what i Had on my ex after she was stolen. I got to say this does work pretty well. http://www.tekniqauto.com/US/home.htm

03hatch
03-18-2003, 02:37 PM
i got compustar....you can go here and check it out http://www.compustar.org/intro.html the alarm is cool cause it have a range of 6000 feet

the one i got is 2WSS-AS...$4**...off of ebay and let my homie install the it for me....i also have 2 autolocks so if i go places and it dont look safe i put two on....:)

SmoothOperator
03-18-2003, 03:26 PM
When I was looking at alarms, I found a pager alarm made by VADAR. It uses an FM frequency...and had a range of 1 kilometer!
Alas I went with a different alarm though :(
There are times I wish I went with a pager alarm.

mrfixit687
03-18-2003, 10:06 PM
get a clifford alarm with wireless immobilizer, that sucker isnt going anywhere without a tow truck, u get what u pay for man, cost me 1000 bux for my alarm :p

03hatch
03-18-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
get a clifford alarm with wireless immobilizer, that sucker isnt going anywhere without a tow truck, u get what u pay for man, cost me 1000 bux for my alarm :p

DAMN! thats a lot....you better get what you paid for. :D

mrfixit687
03-18-2003, 11:16 PM
i sure did :D

ssvr6
03-19-2003, 06:11 AM
I use the Autoloc on my clutch (it's useless on the brake when you have a manual). I'm getting the seat bolts and I'm researching a page alarm as well.

I'll let you know what I find. Type X's incident has me going crazy.

Steve

Si02
03-21-2003, 12:11 AM
I seen a show on t.v. and they had that break lock thingy. It got excellent ratings because it can't be cut through neither can the break itself.

natesi
03-23-2003, 12:17 AM
What ever you do, don't get the clifford RSIII pager alarm. It sucks ass--I have it now. The range makes it amost useless and the buttons constantly go off in my pocket. Spend the extra and get the Computstar.

mrfixit687
03-23-2003, 12:38 AM
autoloc is worthless guys, they sell a device which clamps on the autolock and snap it in 2

BarracksSi
03-23-2003, 01:37 AM
I've got the Autolock also, and I fully realize that it's not infallible. At least it makes things more difficult.

What about Lo-Jack? Right now I've got a dealer-installed alarm, but wouldn't mind installing Lo-Jack. Would I have to get rid of the current alarm, or could the Lo-Jack transmitter simply be added?

mrfixit687
03-23-2003, 07:11 AM
it can be added probably, but that's kind of useless also because thieves already know all the location where the lojack is usually placed, so they'll probably get to it before you can activate it to find your car, the best way is to make several kill switches so your car cannot be stolen without being towed

Sb00
03-23-2003, 06:08 PM
the lowjack box can be installed in about 20-30 diffrent places on your car since it's a very small box.

and with the "said" find time of a car stolen with lowjack of 2 hours after being reported, they don't have much time to check all of the spots and then get rid of the lowjack box.

lowjack is a smart investment imo... and the criminal usually won't know the car has lowjack, so they will take their time...

it's a smart investment and something all cars should have....

natesi
03-23-2003, 07:17 PM
How much does lo-jack usually run?

RyteN2Ep3
04-02-2003, 06:50 PM
i just got my alarm installed yesterday! (april 1st) i got the clifford ig8000 , paid 600 installed.. i gotta say.. its worth every buck... wait'n for the remote starter unit to come in.. so i can get that installed aswell...
clifford's makes one of the best alarm out there... http://www.clifford.com

blueiedgod
04-08-2003, 04:06 AM
If you do go with an alarm, please don't put those stickers on the window that tell the theif what alarm you have. It makes it very easy for them to defeat it. Personally, I don't think alarms are worth a penny. They are only for amateur thieves, professional will disable the alarm before it had a chance to warn you.
Club is useless becaue the weakest point is the steering wheel which can be cut.
Autolock have not heard of any being defeated, YET. being made of forged steel makes it very brittle. A good whack and it may break in pieces.

My personal favorites:
Fuel pump disabeling. Very easy to do, get a blown fuse, solder wires to the opposite ends of the blade, wire a fuse and switch, and hide it. On one of the cars I had it mounted behind the ashtray, and it was one of those "push-on" push-off" switch. so to start the car you pull the ashtray and push it back, when done driving, pull and push again. another install was in the visor with a contact switch.
To make it more stealth, you can tap into the fuel pump harness, but it is more involved.
You can do the same with the ignition coil, but not on the EP. but you can disbale power to the computer.

Get the cheapest alarm just to sound off when an amateur breaks the glass or opens the door. and get a disabeling switch. the switch will not get you insurance discount, but will give you a peace of mind. One more thing, DO NOT TELL ANYONE WHERE THE SWITCH IS!!!!!