PDA

View Full Version : Tierod Issues When Lowering

tkm
03-18-2003, 01:36 PM
Well, seems if you lower the EP3 too much in the front, you'll run into tierod problems. The tierods are too long and you end up having problems getting the toe to spec when lowered and trying to get camber at a decent setting (around 2 degrees).

So, I had to compromise. 1.4 degrees negative camber in the front with 1/16 total toe-out. This was about the max I could do. Anymore toe out and I'd need to reduce camber. Anymore camber and toe-out would need to be reduced. I'm running Tein Type Flex with the camber plate in the front.

With this, it seems that someone (if they don't already) needs to make different tierods for the EP3/RSX. Specifically, shorter tierods are needed.

Note that my car isn't slammed. The front tire is not tucked--it has about 1 finger between the tire and fender.

02SilverSiHB
03-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by tkm
Well, seems if you lower the EP3 too much in the front, you'll run into tierod problems. The tierods are too long and you end up having problems getting the toe to spec when lowered and trying to get camber at a decent setting (around 2 degrees).

So, I had to compromise. 1.4 degrees negative camber in the front with 1/16 total toe-out. This was about the max I could do. Anymore toe out and I'd need to reduce camber. Anymore camber and toe-out would need to be reduced. I'm running Tein Type Flex with the camber plate in the front.

With this, it seems that someone (if they don't already) needs to make different tierods for the EP3/RSX. Specifically, shorter tierods are needed.

Note that my car isn't slammed. The front tire is not tucked--it has about 1 finger between the tire and fender.
damn this sucks! I wonder how my settings are going to be....I can't wait to find out when I return to the states...thanks for the update on this ;)