PDA

View Full Version : Will my Mille Miglie Spiders fit my new Si?

mrtew
03-19-2003, 05:05 AM
I am getting my new 2003 Si in a day or two and I want to put my Mille Miglia Spiders from my old MR2 on it so it looks like the photo below. They have four bolts unlike the ones in the photo, but I don't know if Toyota bolt spacing is the same as Honda or not. I also don't know if the offset and diameter would be OK. Are there any experts here that would know before I try it out and when I do try it out what should I look for assuming they actually go onto my new EP? The wheels are 7Jx17H2 and the tires are 205/40Z/R17 Falken Ziex. The other thing is one wheel is bent (vibrates but no visible damage), and I want to know if I can get it straightened or if I can get a new one and where? Thanks for any help for the newbie!

http://homepage.mac.com/mrtew/favorites.jpg

CgSi
03-19-2003, 05:13 PM
The EP is four lug.

SmoothOperator
03-19-2003, 05:45 PM
He said...

They have four bolts unlike the ones in the photo
I know there are shops that specialize in wheel repair. I'd look in your yellow pages, and see what you come up with. I think it is possible to straighten out a wheel if it's SLIGHTLY bent.
As for particular offset and all that, I dunno!
Good luck, I think they'd look good.

mrtew
03-19-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
As for particular offset and all that, I dunno!
Good luck, I think they'd look good.

Yeah, I was just hoping someone would know. Does anyone know how I would find out what offset these wheels would have and what offset I need for the EP. I sure hope they will work, but I DON'T want to mess up my brand new car. What's the risk of that happening? How can I tell if they are right?

vtec24
03-19-2003, 09:14 PM
Yes, those are the APC Tail Lights. They are no longer on the car. Only on for about 1 month before I put the stock ones back on. Damn, they really were ugly. I didn't think they were 3D as in bulging out 2 feet from the car 3D. Funny thing is, I sold them for the same price I bought them for brand new on EBAY. Oh well, hope this picture helps your decision and I think you're going to have a hard time being that the wheels you have are 4 lug and not 5. But hey, it's worth a try to call someone and ask at the shops around your area. Good Luck!

Josh

mrtew
03-19-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by vtec24
Yes, those are the APC Tail Lights. They are no longer on the car. Only on for about 1 month before I put the stock ones back on. Damn, they really were ugly. I didn't think they were 3D as in bulging out 2 feet from the car 3D. Funny thing is, I sold them for the same price I bought them for brand new on EBAY. Oh well, hope this picture helps your decision and I think you're going to have a hard time being that the wheels you have are 4 lug and not 5. But hey, it's worth a try to call someone and ask at the shops around your area. Good Luck! Josh

COOL! I can't believe someone else actually has these wheels!!! They look GREAT! Thanks.... send more pictures! Can you tell me what size your tires and wheels are please? And is there any way you can tell me the offset or anything? Mine have the size that I posted above on the inside of the wheel. How did you find out the correct size and offset etc... just trusted the tire store or what? I almost bought those tail lights too so thanks for telling me they look ridiculous.

And you are starting to confuse me about the lugs. I have wheels with four holes in them, and I am getting a car with four lugs on the hubs. That is NOT going to be a problem. I just used a photo from the internet with 5 lugs to make the photoshop image above, that's all. Spacing, and offset might be a problem, but not the number of lugs.

napapacoda
03-19-2003, 09:51 PM
Do you have the silver wheels like in the first picture or the "chrome look" wheels that have a universal 4 lug on them.

mrtew
03-20-2003, 06:49 PM
They are the silver ones like in the picture at the top, except they have 4 lugs. Why?