PDA

View Full Version : NYC/Tri-State EP3 Owners!!!

SerbiaSi
03-19-2003, 02:38 PM
Spring is finally here... time for "phase one" (suspension) parts that were collected during the winter months to be placed where they belong to be - on my EP3!!! Therefore I am looking for a good shop in the general area where I can have this done. I am looking for someone I can trust and develop a good "relationship" with since I am planning to do a considerable amount of work on my car in the near future. Any recommendations? Thank you all in advance!

2k2SiGuy
03-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Have you tried Ultima Performance on Sunrise Highway in Lynbrook????

labelhunter
03-19-2003, 03:45 PM
Or you could check fizz auto i think its in Brooklyn or Queens. Me and my father are goin to do mine when i get the money for rims and springs. Hes been a mechanic for 40 years. My uncle owns the Mobile station in Hickville next to the Wantgh PKWY on Old Country RD. Im there like every sunday because thats when the bay if open for my use.

blueiedgod
03-19-2003, 03:54 PM
Why not Do It Yourself? you will save money on installationa dn gain intimate knowledge. Besides, I could never trust anyone working on my car. There are way too many "Dumb asses" who think they are the chief grease monkey. you can go to autozone and rent the equpment if you don't have it.

SerbiaSi
03-19-2003, 04:08 PM
I would love to do it on my own but somehow I can't imagine working on my car in the middle of busy Manhattan street...

2k2SiGuy
03-19-2003, 05:02 PM
I didn't know U lived in the city...What about Initial D on Benson Avenue in Brooklyn...

todaCspec
03-19-2003, 05:06 PM
Check out DRT in woodside, right off of Queens Blvd. They're really good and have a dyno on site. They do all kind of swaps and engine buildups. Not only do they race, they also take alot of pride in their work. Check out DRTracing.com

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-19-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by todaCspec
Check out DRT in woodside, right off of Queens Blvd. They're really good and have a dyno on site. They do all kind of swaps and engine buildups. Not only do they race, they also take alot of pride in their work. Check out DRTracing.com

yea, DRT...

blueiedgod
03-19-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by SerbiaSi
I would love to do it on my own but somehow I can't imagine working on my car in the middle of busy Manhattan street...

I didn't realize that you parked on the street. When I lived in the bronx I had a spot in "under the building" garage, and did all my maintenance and upgardes there.

Type X
03-19-2003, 07:24 PM
i am located in staten island, ny

i orderd my Tein springs from

garagespl.com

but showstoppersusa.com has them on sale

for INSTALL

hit up Speedworld on queens blvd

ask for albert or adam tell him mike from staten island sent you

- Mike

Type X
03-19-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 2k2SiGuy
Have you tried Ultima Performance on Sunrise Highway in Lynbrook????

ultima = thumbsup too :)

mike with the comptech SC s2000
is a good friend of mine :D

02blksi
03-19-2003, 08:13 PM
or you can come to CT and i can hook you up, youll get a little dirty but youll learn how to lower your car. --joe.

todaCspec
03-19-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
or you can come to CT and i can hook you up, youll get a little dirty but youll learn how to lower your car. --joe.

Is this an open invitation? or only for a selected few?

SerbiaSi
03-19-2003, 09:55 PM

I would love to... however I have an extensive list of parts that are awaitng installation (springs, x-bar, front & rear sway bars, front & rear strut bars, lower-tie bar) so I am not sure if you are still willing to help me out. In case you do I will make sure to return this huge favor best way I can... ;)

BTW Thanks to all the guys for the info. I will check those places out for sure...

Alek

02blksi
03-20-2003, 11:23 AM
Toda - if you are willing to come meet me here im willing to help out

Serbia- all your mods i have already perfomormed on my own car, the only time killing mod you listed is the springs, all the other jobs are for the most part 10min- 30min jobs, easy as can be!

Let me know guys, -- Joe :)

SerbiaSi
03-20-2003, 01:13 PM
Toda - if you are willing to come meet me here im willing to help out

Serbia- all your mods i have already perfomormed on my own car, the only time killing mod you listed is the springs, all the other jobs are for the most part 10min- 30min jobs, easy as can be!

Let me know guys, -- Joe :)

Let me know when and where it would be good for you and I will be there!!!

Alek

todaCspec
03-20-2003, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the offer, very generous of ya. I'm still deciding on parts.

Serbia & Joe,
If you guys are going to meet up and need a extra pair of hands, let me know. I'm ready to do surgery. We should get a mini install meet going. Let me know!

02blksi
03-20-2003, 03:22 PM
this weekend isnt good for me but anytime, within the next couple weekends is fine for me. let me know via email. --- joe:)