PDA

View Full Version : Just got my DC header in

i02si
03-19-2003, 08:07 PM
I just got my DC ceramic header in today. It looks really got it has good welding on it. I'm installing it in a week or so. Time to update my sig.:D :D :D

SubliminalSi
03-19-2003, 08:51 PM
damnit! im falling behind! :o

!@#$%
03-19-2003, 09:20 PM
if anyone is behind its me. hell even derek has an a2 now. makes me want to just sell my car, get a kia and pay it off in 6 months. i have rims, springs, cd player, and progress front and rear sway bars that need to be installed STILL! im never going to have time to get this done let alone schedule an appt for alignment. :rolleyes:

here is a pic of my dc header

i02si
03-20-2003, 10:23 PM
Did u get good gains from your dc header?

PAsi
03-20-2003, 11:18 PM
wondering if anyone has any dynos or know where i can see results for the dc header? also, what is the part number? will it make up for the bottom end torque i lost from installing AEM CAI or is it mostly top end?

!@#$%
03-21-2003, 01:53 AM
i got physical gains with adding the header. it is definitely a lot louder, but above 5000 or so u can feel small surges of extra oomph where the stock header was choking up. I put my stock header back on to send the broken dc in, (new one is on now) and noticed a big difference of loss in performance. I'll stick with the header. :) You might not notice the sound becuase u have the evo, but nonetheless you should feel a little something.

klik
03-22-2003, 01:43 PM
Are there any speacial shit to do for installing a header is it hard, im wondering if i can do it ma self and get ma crew to help me up.

SiNi$t3R
03-22-2003, 06:32 PM
When i got my DC header, i also got my skunk exaust so i really cant tell if i got gains from the header.

SinisterCivicSi
03-26-2003, 07:22 PM
i just got my dc header in to, its still in the box for right now. i have a friend that used to be a honda mechanic and when i told him i got the header he looked at me and said "i am not touching that thing - you better take it somewhere else!" wow what a way to hurt a girls feelings.
since the engine is so freakin tight, fam packed and basically squished.......he wasnt going near that header swap...said it would be a huge pain in the azz.
i have another friend that said he would do it. so how hard was it to install? how many new curse words did you make up??
i tell you what, when i first saw the header, i was getting a little header envy. my husband bought his header at the same time (2000 si 1 piece) and his was HUGE! and i was all like .......OH OH IS THAT MY HEADER?? he said "no in the little box is yours". man i pulled that thing out and was like YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING!
i guess since i had a 93 civic, i was so used to the big parts....seeing this little thing was an adjustment for me.

JoshSI
03-27-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
i just got my dc header in to, its still in the box for right now. i have a friend that used to be a honda mechanic and when i told him i got the header he looked at me and said "i am not touching that thing - you better take it somewhere else!" wow what a way to hurt a girls feelings.
since the engine is so freakin tight, fam packed and basically squished.......he wasnt going near that header swap...said it would be a huge pain in the azz.
i have another friend that said he would do it. so how hard was it to install? how many new curse words did you make up??
i tell you what, when i first saw the header, i was getting a little header envy. my husband bought his header at the same time (2000 si 1 piece) and his was HUGE! and i was all like .......OH OH IS THAT MY HEADER?? he said "no in the little box is yours". man i pulled that thing out and was like YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING!
i guess since i had a 93 civic, i was so used to the big parts....seeing this little thing was an adjustment for me.

Get the comptech racing header and you wont be disapointed in the size. It takes out the entire cat and all so its pretty damn big. Of course its not street legal........:angel:

pocketrocket
03-27-2003, 11:36 AM
And of course the comptech is a grand:o ..but hey.. size ain't cheap.. right? :D

But anyways, the header install is pretty damn easy. It would take you and your friends 2-2.5 hrs max.

And that honda mechanic, it should've only taken him an hour if that.. what a pussy. It's more of a pain in the ass trying to get bolts that have been on a car for 10 years (your 93 civic) off then it is to reach behind the head and undo a few that have been on there for 6 months.

-PR

SinisterCivicSi
03-27-2003, 05:40 PM
good point - on both that is. i know comptech is the only mods authorized by honda that won't void your warranty, but shit i dont have that kinda money! lol dc sports, aem, greddy, etc are reputable companies....its not like i am doing homemade jobs.

also on my mechanic friend.....i thought he gave up to easy! i know my engine is compact and all but dayum! at least try first!
he said that it didnt include a downpipe but then again it might not need it......he didnt look that hard at the engine, it was one of those things where as he was installing the intake, he glanced at the top of the stock header and was like, "there is no freakin room in your engine" and that was it. lol
thats ok, i can have someone else do it.....i would do it myself, but i have a bad back, and i dont need to be laid up all month just for a header. lol
let someone else break their back. ;)

NXK20
03-27-2003, 10:54 PM
I installed my DC header and honestly, it only took like 30 minutes. Having a good variety of tools helps though. As far as gains. I really didn't notice a whole lot at first so I figured my factory exhaust was still stopping it up so I got a catback the next day and thats when it really became noticable. I can feel it the most if I just ride it up to about 3500 and then hit it, pulls as hard at 3500 now as it did at 5000 before.

SinisterCivicSi
03-28-2003, 04:07 AM
now there is my dilema. i posted another forum somewhere else about catbacks and what you all had to say about them. what ones do you think provides the best gains and sound for the buck. at first i wanted to get the dual canister exhaust through dc sports (not the tcs) but now i am wondering what else is out there that would perform and sound better for that kind of money.
i wanted to hear from people that actually has these cars and can speak from personal experience.

NXK20
03-28-2003, 07:47 AM
I've got a 5zigen fireball muffler and I had my catback done at the muffler shop. It sounds good, but it is pretty loud. I just can't see paying that much money for a catback, mine was 60 bucks and it works fine.

jo3y
03-30-2003, 10:18 PM
I am thinking about a DC header, 2.25 midpipe, connected to the stock muffler. Good gains and stelth sound

RedVRy81
03-30-2003, 11:41 PM
damn! that header looks pretty good! =o) how much you guys giving for the dc versus the comptech?

FailureToStart
03-31-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
good point - on both that is. i know comptech is the only mods authorized by honda that won't void your warranty, but shit i dont have that kinda money! lol dc sports, aem, greddy, etc are reputable companies....its not like i am doing homemade jobs.

also on my mechanic friend.....i thought he gave up to easy! i know my engine is compact and all but dayum! at least try first!
he said that it didnt include a downpipe but then again it might not need it......he didnt look that hard at the engine, it was one of those things where as he was installing the intake, he glanced at the top of the stock header and was like, "there is no freakin room in your engine" and that was it. lol
thats ok, i can have someone else do it.....i would do it myself, but i have a bad back, and i dont need to be laid up all month just for a header. lol
let someone else break their back. ;)

Where's the sense of pride in doing your own work?...or claiming the bragging rights about how you did it yourself? ;) All you need is a way of lifting the car up, a gasket scraper, torque wrench, and you're good to go. That mechanic is a pansy...it's better that Honda put our header where it is. Could you imagine on the old Civics where it was in front and you had to take the bumber off (in some cases) because the stupid thing winds around and under your engine instead of just in back like ours?

I wouldn't buy DC just cause they're stuff seems cheap and they proved it for the count when the first batch of these things broke. Comptech looks very well made and it's 50 state legal. You ought to return it for that.

SinisterCivicSi
03-31-2003, 04:22 AM
i have never had a problem with dc sports products...and what about this breaking stuff?
yeah i think my friend just didnt wanna do it, and thats fine with me, i have another friend that will do it. if i had the tools i needed i would do it myself that way i wouldnt have to wait.
once i get my car back from honda, and after i go through my break in period again, its going on.
Mary