PDA

View Full Version : Startin to think my car is a POS

Acidburn
03-20-2003, 03:20 AM
I really love my car, I do. But, I've had a lot of engine problems with the car in the last 5 months. I've had the car for over 8 months with 6,000 miles on it and I've already brought it in 4 times for warranty work. Well make it 5 times tomorrow, because tonight I was pulling out of my driveway in 1st gear going about 5mph. I put it in neutral and stop to wait for my driveway gate to open. Then all of a sudden, my engine starts shaking bad, seems to bog down and suddenly shuts down. I try to start it again and it won't start, even pressing the gas. There's this horrible noise coming from the engine when I turn the ignition to start it. I kept trying and after the 6th try it finally started.

Here's a couple things I noticed:

- Engine really shook bad when I tried to start, more than usual compared to other cars in the past.
- The electrical systems are ok, the lights and radio were still on.
- The tach was flucuating before it shut down.
- Bad smell coming from the exahust after I started her up.
- Loud whistling and humming coming from the engine.
- Now my engine light is on

The what makes it worse is that I had brought in my car just 2 weeks ago to get more work done...

I'm not impressed at all with this new K-series engine. I'm thinking about selling my car. :(

03hatch
03-20-2003, 03:29 AM
that sucks man....start talking shit to your dealer....if they cant fix it ask for a new motor :D

MoodySi
03-20-2003, 08:47 AM
Sounds like you got a lemon! Check your state's lemon laws, you might be able to get more than just a new engine out of it.

BlairSpeed
03-20-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by MoodySi
Sounds like you got a lemon! Check your state's lemon laws, you might be able to get more than just a new engine out of it.

that is good advice!!!!! listen to Moody, the Irie eye, jah mon! :p

G-J
03-20-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Acidburn

- Engine really shook bad when I tried to start, more than usual compared to other cars in the past.
- The electrical systems are ok, the lights and radio were still on.
- The tach was flucuating before it shut down.
- Bad smell coming from the exahust after I started her up.
- Loud whistling and humming coming from the engine.
- Now my engine light is on

Hmmm... when I had my SS, that was the same things that happened when I blew the heads. Only my car was smoking under the hood a bit. I bet thats what happened. Usually happens due to over reving your car.

norcalSI
03-20-2003, 06:44 PM
it could be that one of your spark plugs are bad or loose sounds like what happened to me when i didn't plug in the plug all the way in

StrangeShadow
03-21-2003, 12:46 AM
do you run yor car hard often?? I haven't had a single prb., and so fare the only ppl I have seen say they have engin prbs, continuously red line the crap out of the engine... not saying you do just wanna now if maybe something else may cause engine prbs.

SiR Medic
03-21-2003, 05:49 AM
Don't sell you're car!

Get the dealer to fix the problem. Either with a new car, new engine, or an A2 swap!:D