PDA

View Full Version : EP3 Type-R SPOTTED!!! (pics)

Tragedy
03-20-2003, 04:12 PM
This is the first time I've seen an EP3 Type-R outside of the Honda Headquarters showroom. I had my digicam with me and thought I'd share this moment with you all...awww

Tragedy
03-20-2003, 04:14 PM
:cool:

fishboy
03-20-2003, 04:15 PM
wow. looks nice. i want the sideview mirrors!!!

Mugen_EP
03-20-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
wow. looks nice. i want the sideview mirrors!!!

NO!!!! Fishboy, thems my sideview mirrors!!!

"I'm ya huckleberry"

icegrill
03-20-2003, 04:26 PM
Yeah, Glad I got the Honda Access window visors. They are hot, will post pics tomorrow for all the jdm haters. example: blah blah f$3k jdm i'll make my own red badges for 5 bucks. :confused: Get vent shades they are merican made and only cost $30. Theres alot to be said for the quality of japanese parts.

DownTheHatch
03-20-2003, 04:46 PM
Nice, yea those sideview mirrors are hot aren't they? I love how the automatically fold in when you park.

Mugen_EP
03-20-2003, 04:53 PM
Yeah I know Fizzautosports sells both the mirrors and the switch for them also if anyone is interested. It will come out to about $600 and you still gotta paint them.

fishboy
03-20-2003, 05:02 PM
600 bucks? hmmmmmm.... not so bad for such a trick mod.:)

Tragedy
03-20-2003, 05:02 PM
Ahhhh, going JDM...pay twice the price to be twice as stock:p

(It's OK, I'm guilty of this too):angel:

Mugen_EP
03-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
600 bucks? hmmmmmm.... not so bad for such a trick mod.:)

Yeah but I'm trying to save the $1000 for the Mugen rear wing.:(

Damn Mugen!!!! It's so addicting, I can't stop.

blueiedgod
03-20-2003, 05:22 PM
what is so special abotu those mirrors besides the electric folding. just checked mine, they fold too, manually.

Tragedy
03-20-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by blueiedgod
what is so special abotu those mirrors besides the electric folding. just checked mine, they fold too, manually.

Yeah, but it's such a bitch to get out and fold them both before squeezing in somewhere! :p

fishboy
03-20-2003, 05:40 PM
i see having jdm electronic folding mirrors on your car kinda like having a urinal in your home. you don't really NEED it, but it would be convenient and it would also be the crowning jewel of your home or car.:)

1abSi
03-20-2003, 05:46 PM
yeah that car is sexy

HgSi
03-20-2003, 07:03 PM
I'm wondering about those mirrors.... They are very cool, I admit, but they cost ridiculous amounts of money. And then some.

But anyway... aside from the fact that they're cool, are they actually usable? Because our mirror housings are not symmetrical. The angle they stick out at is not the same on both sides. (Obviously, because the driver is not in the middle of the car.) I'm guessing the JDM version would be reversed. I noticed this when I was looking at the car from my balcony. Try sitting in the passanger seat and adjusting the mirrors so that you can see from the passenger seat. Now look at how whack they look in their housings.

EDIT: I forgot to say that my point is that the JDM mirrors might not be lined up properly for use on a LHD car.

Gasp23
03-20-2003, 07:09 PM
Deeeeyyuum!!! That is one sexy bitch!

Makross
03-20-2003, 10:39 PM
all i can say is dammmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnn

Tragedy
03-21-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by HgSi
I'm wondering about those mirrors.... They are very cool, I admit, but they cost ridiculous amounts of money. And then some.

But anyway... aside from the fact that they're cool, are they actually usable? Because our mirror housings are not symmetrical. The angle they stick out at is not the same on both sides. (Obviously, because the driver is not in the middle of the car.) I'm guessing the JDM version would be reversed. I noticed this when I was looking at the car from my balcony. Try sitting in the passanger seat and adjusting the mirrors so that you can see from the passenger seat. Now look at how whack they look in their housings.

EDIT: I forgot to say that my point is that the JDM mirrors might not be lined up properly for use on a LHD car.

Yeah, the problem with putting JDM mirrors on a USDM car is that the "OBJECTS MAY APPEAR CLOSER THAN THEY ARE" is going to be on the driver's side. Some people don't mind that, but it would bother the hell out of me...

cj miller
03-21-2003, 01:07 AM
haha. never thought about that. yeah it would bug me also. wouldnt it say it in Japanesse though?

Mugen_EP
03-21-2003, 08:43 AM
Couldn't we just use the mirrors out of our EP's and put them in the JDM housing to avoid the lettering problem? But Steve does have a good point, I'm gonna try what he said and see how it looks.

fishboy
03-21-2003, 10:36 AM
i think our mirrors are lined up even on both sides, same with the jdm ones. just because we are not in the middle of the car doesn't mean that the mirrors would be angled differently. we have electronic adjustable mirrors we don't have trucks. i say trucks because i had to move the whole mirror assembly in my tacoma. and we can just swap out the actual mirrors. i really don't see the problem, if it came down to it just rig the motors to our sideview mirrors.

BSEVEER
03-21-2003, 10:53 AM
Who wants to park so close to someone that you have to fold your mirrors...not me. People just want what they don't have. If our EP's had automatically folding mirrors we would probably be reading a thread about how to override it. ;)

fishboy
03-21-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by BSEVEER
If our EP's had automatically folding mirrors we would probably be reading a thread about how to override it. ;)

So true!

HondaMan
03-21-2003, 11:11 AM
Sweet...thanks for sharing! :D

golferjn
03-21-2003, 02:40 PM
nice car. nice pics

IceD out N CALI
03-21-2003, 04:48 PM
nice pics, I want one:p

HgSi
03-21-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by BSEVEER
Who wants to park so close to someone that you have to fold your mirrors...not me. People just want what they don't have. If our EP's had automatically folding mirrors we would probably be reading a thread about how to override it. ;)

Not really, because they are operated by pressing a button. So if you don't want them to fold, you wouldn't have to do anything.

Also, I don't think the point is to be able to park really close to other cars (because, think about it, how would you get out of your car, if you're that close?). They are good because it reduces the chance of your mirror getting hit when you are parallel parked.

I SELL HONDAS
03-21-2003, 09:21 PM
she so fine!!!!!!fine!!