PDA

View Full Version : So much snow!

silver02si
03-20-2003, 06:56 PM
I have an AEM CAI installed on my car, and unfortunately I live in Colorado. We just got about two feet of snow, and I wouldn't drive my car for two days! With the intake on there, the air filter is relocated to just behind the left front headlight. Now that the snow is starting to melt. it is leaving huge puddles everywhere. It's got me paranoid about hydro-locking my engine. Since the bypass valve is not compatible with the '02 si application, I have to keep it in the garage. This is something to consider if you're in the market for an air induction system and you live in a cold and wet climate.

SubliminalSi
03-20-2003, 07:42 PM
i dont really have anything productive to say but, i love your avatar! thats awesome:D

jmyster
03-20-2003, 08:03 PM
silver02si,
where in CO are you?
This snow is awesome!! I'm in Northglenn.
Because of the unpredictable weather here, i went with an SRI.
The only worry I had was that big gapping hole in the engine compartment after you remove the stock air box was packed with snow yesterday. Not touching the filter, but you couldn't see the ground.

todaCspec
03-20-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by silver02si
This is something to consider if you're in the market for an air induction system and you live in a cold and wet climate.

That is why the Neuspeed P-Flo is the perfect solution, it's enclosed in a box. You still get a little opening right behind the battery for cold air ram effect.