PDA

View Full Version : which wheels and tires to get?

norcalSI
03-20-2003, 06:59 PM
okay right now i have tsw 17 inch rims with kuhmo supras. Are those good for racing? I don't think they are. So i want to get some smaller and lighter rims for the front. What do you guys think are some good rims to get? I was thinking rota slipstreams or the circuit 8. Do you guys think those rims are better for racing? another question i have is it better to get 14, 15 or 16 inch rims. I'm thinking about getting 14 but i'm thinking that is over kill. What about tires? What are the best tires for racing? i don't really want slicks because i want something i can use on the street for weekends...tires that are perfect for the track and street? Any advice would be great. thanks

Cone Killer
03-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by norcalSI
okay right now i have tsw 17 inch rims with kuhmo supras. Are those good for racing? I don't think they are. So i want to get some smaller and lighter rims for the front. What do you guys think are some good rims to get? I was thinking rota slipstreams or the circuit 8. Do you guys think those rims are better for racing? another question i have is it better to get 14, 15 or 16 inch rims. I'm thinking about getting 14 but i'm thinking that is over kill. What about tires? What are the best tires for racing? i don't really want slicks because i want something i can use on the street for weekends...tires that are perfect for the track and street? Any advice would be great. thanks

There is no perfect street/track tire. What kind of racing are you talking about?

silver ep
03-20-2003, 08:32 PM
Some Rotas 15-16 inch would be a good start, Im sure they would be lighter than your TSWs. As for tires Im not really sure.