PDA

View Full Version : Saw an EP in Philly... and something else

HgSi
03-20-2003, 07:29 PM
While my girlfriend and I were visiting Philly, we ran into an EP at 6th and Market. Was that one of you guys? (at about 5pm on Wed.) This was only the second EP I've seen being driven (the other was in Brooklyn) somehow I only tend to see parked ones. That was quite a nice surprise. But the really big surprise came like 5 mins later, when we saw a Seat Toledo! It had Distrito Federal plates. My jaw dropped. That's only the fourth European* car I've seen in the US. (A Fiat Barchetta in Manhattan, with Diplomat plates, a Euro-market Benz, also in Manhattah, also with Diplomat plates, and a Euro-market Saab 9-5 with Swedish plates, in Brooklyn.)

*By European car, I mean a bona fide European car, not a modified-for-the-DOT wannabe European car.

esmith13
03-20-2003, 07:33 PM
I thought for a split second it may have been me...

Then I realized, if you saw me, you would have probably mentioned you saw an EP with decals to narrow down the possibility.

In case you omitted it, I drive a Night Hawk Black Pearl EP with Grey/Purple Decals on the body.

Eric.

HgSi
03-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Nope... it was silver, and had pinstripes. I probably should have said that before. :)

blueiedgod
03-21-2003, 06:08 AM
i saw a renault megane on I-95 a couple of months ago, it had quebec plates. i see tons of Acura EL's in upstate NY, and some even come down to NYC.

cmk05
03-21-2003, 06:40 AM
I've seen a silver Peugeot 406 coupe heading north in the mornings on the I95/ NJ Turnpike ~exit 13 on 3 occasions over the past year and a half. That's a pretty car.

And an Alfa Romeo 156 last year in Manhattan. That's even prettier.

I wish they'd start exporting to the US again. The only accessible euro marque we've got is VW and they always break.

Prime Si
03-22-2003, 08:42 AM
I recently saw an Opel something or-the-other(i didn't catch the make, but it looked alot like a 5door VW golf)with Michigan Manufacturer plates. Doesn't GM own opel? Maybe they're considering bringing it over/doing some more rebadgining? Anyone know anything about this? If nothing else, it'd be good to see more hatches on the road...:cool:

HgSi
03-22-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by cmk05

And an Alfa Romeo 156 last year in Manhattan. That's even prettier.

I wish they'd start exporting to the US again.

Wow! Diplomat plates, I bet, right? It's always those diplomats. :mad: BTW, I've heard rumours about Afla Romeos being imported by GM in 2006ish, now that GM has a stake in Fiat (who owns Alfa Romeo). I love the 156 GTA and the 147 hatchback. But they would probably be quite expensive, I think. :(

About Opel, yes, it is owned by GM, and in fact, although outright rebadging doesn't occur too much AFAIK, platform-sharing is prevalent.