PDA

View Full Version : Tein S Tech Spring Rates

D-04
03-21-2003, 01:51 PM
I know that the S Techs have a published spring rate of 157 front 291 rear but is this correct? It seems awfully soft even compared to stock. Most people say that they ride soft like OEM, but how do they actually handle? Thanks

D-04
03-24-2003, 12:09 PM
Anyone? I am thinking of ordering these springs this week and don't want to get anything too soft. Thank you

Tenacious G
03-24-2003, 01:53 PM
i just ordered a set of teins and should receive them wednesday. however, i'm not sure when i'll get a chance to install them. i'll let you know as soon as i do if you haven't purchased anything by then.

fsugatorbait
03-24-2003, 02:26 PM
i just got my teins put on this weekend...rides just like stock, not bouncy at all...however, I wasnt too impressed with the upgrade in handling, coming from driving a car with GC and Koni's dialed almost all the way...however, I havent really had a chance to push it and im in desperate need of an alignment, with a ridiculous amount of positive camber in the rear.
Ill be getting my alignment done later this week and will post pics along with my wheels that have been dying to go on...the ace spades in hyper black look damn good on the black si.
First day with the drop and rims on, I ran into a guy with a 00 type r that was comenting me on my car, couldnt believe it, i was drooling over his and he was doing the same with mine.:D

Dunrick
03-25-2003, 08:24 AM
My ride is definitely stiffer w/ these springs. Handling is of course a big improvement....its not going to be like having aftermarket coilovers/shocks.....it is a great start in making your car handle better though. Most importantly...I've heard no noises, and you can always say you got Tein springs...Give ShowStoppersUSA a call...Ask for Rocky, or Chuck. They will give you a awsome price, and they have great customer service. Cool guys. Peace