PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed Race w/ Stock Shocks??

esmith13
03-21-2003, 03:12 PM
Ok,

I know it would be IDEAL with any spring that drops 2" to have good aftermarket shocks, but as we all know, our only option is to modify Koni Yellows to fit which is practically the same specs as the OEM shocks we have now.

So...

How long do you think the stock shocks will last with Neuspeed race springs @ 2" drop???

Do any of you ride on them now with stockies??

Hows the ride? How long have the stockies been holdin' up for you so far??

What kind of road conditions do you normally endure (pot holes, smooth asphalt)??

Basically, I bought the springs already, and I'm tryin to decide if I want them installed on stockies, or if I want to "sit on them" for 6mos or so to wait for a good aftermarket shock first.

I could care less if I blow the stockies in 6mos to 1 yr, cause I will just get the aftermarket shocks then, but will they last that long???

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I really wanted your guys/girls opinions....

Eric.

joshua
03-21-2003, 03:50 PM
I HAVE RACE SPRINGS ON AND I LOVE THEM BUT THEY ARE WAY STIFFER THAN STOCK I AM GOING TO WAIT FOR A GOOD AFTERMARKET SHOCKS AS WELL BUT FOR NOW THEY ARE FINE

esmith13
03-21-2003, 04:23 PM
how long have you had them on??

Do you drive on smooth roads or pot hole infested ones???

I'm tryin' to guestimate life expectancy of the stock shocks w/ race springs...

Eric.

joshua
03-21-2003, 04:50 PM
ive had them on for about 6 months no problems i go through dips but when u hit a pothole u can feel it the springs are really stiff

esmith13
03-21-2003, 04:52 PM
do you bottom out on stockies alot???

Oh, and I know this sounds odd, but when you park next to a curb, is the door still high enough to open on the curb side?? Odd question, but we are talking about 2" lower.....

thanks,

Eric.

IceD out N CALI
03-21-2003, 04:58 PM
ur shocks should last 6mos easy, on the race springs, unless you drive hardcore:)

esmith13
03-21-2003, 04:59 PM
SPRINGS or do you mean shocks....

I can deal with blown shocks in 6mos, but you didn't mean that I would ruin the SPRINGS too??

-- Did you??

Eric.

IceD out N CALI
03-21-2003, 05:08 PM
no you wont ruin the springs in 6 mos, just possibly the shocks-and thats if you like to drive hardcore alot

esmith13
03-21-2003, 05:09 PM
hehe...

better make it 3 mos for me then... :angel:

Thanks,

Eric.

todaCspec
03-22-2003, 07:10 AM
You will get up to a six month to two years usage on your stock shocks(if driven on smooth pavement). Koni sport shocks are made to go w/Neuspeed race springs, perfect combination. Koni sport shocks and your stock shocks are in no way the same. I'd choose Koni sport or Bilstein anyday over Tokico or KYB. Tokico and Kyb are about the same quality as OEM shocks.