PDA

View Full Version : speeker upgrade but still stock head unit what speekers are good?

siver-SI
03-21-2003, 09:02 PM
Well now that I have some secuity to my car the next upgrade that my ears want are some new speekers. I have to say I have never done speekers in a car and I am going to have Best Buy are Circuit City do the install, but since I have not been working at Circuit City for almost a year now I am out of the loop on what is good. I will be adding a new head unit in in the future with an amp and subs, but for right now I think some new speekers will tide me over. What I am wonder would would be a good set to get so that when I get my new system in their fully I do not have to upgrade the speekers. I want to replace all the speekers. I think all there is in the car is the 2 by the rear seat and a speeker and tweeter in each door. I just do not want to buy twice but I do not know what is good. When I did look on the board there are a lot of diffrent kinds out there.

Thanks

wtfOO
03-24-2003, 05:22 PM
if u dont want to replace the speakers later on, try some good components in the front. infinity kappas are good ( 6.5") for fronts and the rear, u can use kicker k60, rockford fosgates, infinitys( if u want to stick with the same brand). u can run all this off the headunit although u might not get the best sound of the speaker until u add an amp. just my opinion. (circuit city or best buy is a rip, go to ikesound.com for cheaper prices but u have to install urself or get a friend to do it. )

!@#$%
03-24-2003, 11:16 PM
onlinecarstereo.com (http://www.onlinecarstereo.com)

chubbychu
03-24-2003, 11:19 PM
www.etronics.com

siver-SI
03-25-2003, 07:10 PM
Just wondering how hard is it to change out the rear side speekers? I work for Snap-On tools so if I need to I can get a interior tool kit but if they are not hard to take off then I will get not them. I am just wondering over all how hard the install it. What should I do if I am going to install a amp latter so I do not have to maybe tear apart my car again?

Thanks

FACTION95Si
04-02-2003, 10:35 PM
I'm thinking about replacing the stock speakers but retaining the stock head unit. Will 6.5" components and 6.5" speakers for the rear screw right in? How many watts does the stock head unit put to each corner? Thanks for the info.