PDA

View Full Version : JDM CTR steering wheel

Mugen_EP
03-21-2003, 10:51 PM
This is just a heads up for anyone looking to install one. I just installed mine and it seems the USDM steering wheel has a dual stage airbag, where as the JDM has a single. The plugs are different so theres no way to connect the SRS.The SRS light stays on and there seems to be no solution besides to pull the bulb out for the SRS light. If you pull the fuse the light still stays on. I'm open for any suggestions to try so post any ideas you may have.

fyzm7357
03-22-2003, 12:08 AM
Damn...that sucks....I guess I won't be buying one now....I will just have to do what other people have done and cover the black "H" with a red decal.....

2k2_nbp_egg
03-22-2003, 01:33 AM
If JDM calipers were going for 650~ on that fizz website, i can only imagine the steering wheel costing what...400 something ish? So....400 gets you red H and an SRS light...? Or what...280 on ebay? Umm, i guess the red is tight if u were doing a full over JDM conversion kit...which i have thought constantly about...but idunno guy. Wutever floats your boat.:o

03hatch
03-22-2003, 01:34 AM
cant you just replace the center part..where the red H is? instead of replacing the whole wheel? :D

Hatch, Si Hatch
03-22-2003, 07:23 AM
Yea, I found an Integra(RSX) R steering wheel on eBay one day and checked it out. It is exactly the same as ours 'cept the red H and a MOMO stamp. Not worth it unless your going full JDM. Makes me wonder even more bout our seats, if the steering wheel is just a recovered MOMO maybe the seats are just recovered Sparco's or something.

Type X
03-22-2003, 09:16 PM
i have a JDM DC5 wheel in my room
never installed in the EP

03hatch
03-23-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Type X
i have a JDM DC5 wheel in my room
never installed in the EP

how much you got it for?

hows your car?

Type X
03-23-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by 03hatch

how much you got it for?

hows your car?

i paid 400 shipped from a good friend

car i have to go see what it looks like on tues or wed
to see if there is a car to put it on :(

Mr.02BlackSIguY
03-23-2003, 04:59 PM
even with the dc5 r wheel, you still would get the problem that mugen ep has rite? with the srs light being on. or does the dc5 r has that extra plug which will eliminate that problem?

Mugen_EP
03-23-2003, 05:08 PM
No, both the JDM ITR & CTR have the same connectors. He would have the same problem.

Fizz Autosports
03-28-2003, 09:01 AM
All type R steering (DC5,EP3) wheels will have different air bag connectors then your SI's and thus leave you without an Airbag, we do not sell any airbag equiped steering wheels this is one of the reasons. Some people have removed the leather with the H and used the stock airbag unit and discard the JDM airbag THIS is quite a task and possibly dangerous. If you are going to attempt this be careful as an airbag can be deadly. If you are looking for just the Wheel and not the Center H with airbag you can safetly change just the ring on your steering wheel so you have the Momo stamp :D