PDA

View Full Version : headlight help please I am confused

siver-SI
03-21-2003, 11:11 PM
Ok I just want to get some headlights that are better then stock, but if I can stay away from having to upgrade my wire harness or have to worry about melting the OEM one I would love it. I am just wondering what kind of headlights should I get for my 02 SI? I have been recomended "City Lights" but I am not to sure were to get them or how good they realy are. I just want to get something better for the road then what I have.

Thanks,

Neal

Prime Si
03-22-2003, 09:46 AM
assuming you're not planning on going HID, i'd have to recomment Sylvania Silverstars. I picked two of em up from my local auto parts store for $50, w/ a $10 mail in rebate. They're a very white light, i like em alot.

labelhunter
03-22-2003, 10:12 AM
Any of the bright white lights will work with no upgrades to wire harnesses. Just have to get the right wattage, 60/55W. And they are H4.

siver-SI
03-22-2003, 02:07 PM
Thanks for your help with that help and my local dealer I am going to go with PIAA lights. Now I am trying to find the best place to get them and what kind to get. A local place out by my wants $74 for the extrems but that seems high for what is posted on the board so I am wondering what is the best set to go with and who has the best price? At my local shop the Car Boutique they said they would go in with no problems and would not cause any wiring dammage to the car.

Thanks

SiR Medic
03-22-2003, 03:38 PM
Get the PIAA SuperWhite Platinum!

I got a set in my car and the things are incredible.:)

They are expensive, but well worth it!

Read my review:

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10079

http://www.houstonautogroup.com/bubb_rubb_bubbrubb/1ilsissmilie2.jpg

siver-SI
03-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Thanks I forgot about that post I had seen it a while ago and forgot about it. Now I just have to find the place with the best deal for the lights and I am set. Thanks for all your help.

Chrisbgft
03-25-2003, 08:31 AM
hey, i talked to u before and i am in Fox lake. I can show u my headlights if u would like. I have Catz Hyperwhites, hyperwhite blinkers, and hyperwhite running lights. looks very good and great visability!

siver-SI
03-25-2003, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the offer but I all ready bought some PIAA SuperWhite Platinum though. :( Just ordered them the other day. Saved about $30 off that place in near woodfeild mall after tax. I read a few honda board and it seemed like the PIAA were what I was told to get the most so that I what I went with. I might have to get a look at those so I compair them when have to replace these in about a year.

Thanks for the help though