PDA

View Full Version : Intake manifold & coolant

jmyster
03-21-2003, 11:34 PM
Ok, this might be a stoopid question or maybe not.
I just received the heatshield gasket and want to install it this weekend. I've read over the instructions written up by Hondata and myeverlovinsir, and this seems like a straight forward install. My question is in both these instructions it doesn't say to drain the radiator coolant. Does coolant not run through the intake manifold on our engines? I just wanted this clarified before I take my intake manifold off. Thanks

JSIR
03-22-2003, 12:46 PM
that's right coolant does not flow through the manifold, it does go through the throttle body however and you could lose coolant when you disconnect the throttle body lines, one line in particular flows like a river when you pull it off, so be prepared to plug up the ends and keep them straight up to reduce coolant leaks. good luck on the install, its a bit of work but not too tough.

You might want to try the throttle body coolant by-pass trick to keep coolant from flowing into the TB while you have things apart, it isnt too hard to do, and will reduce intake temps further.

Joey

jmyster
03-23-2003, 01:20 PM
Cool, thanks for the info.
I just wanted to make sure before i had coolant all over my driveway.