PDA

View Full Version : If Anyone cares (How To Feel VTC)

sniperSI
03-23-2003, 03:41 PM
People always bitch about not being able to feel vtec /vtc engagement in our cars.

But that's part of having a smooth power curve, it all feels nice.

Anyways good way to feel your cam moving profile and the engine picking up torque is to....

3rd gear, from a slow like 40 mph or 2nd gear from 20, put a 1/3 throttle on the peddle, sit back in your seat and slowly but steadily go all the way up till red line.

You can feel the cam switching profiles, almost like a very very very very suttle rocking chair motion in the car, it's quite cool works nice on flat roads ect ect, see what you think, maybe i'm crazy but just wondering if anyone else, if they take the time can feel it.

ApexinSi
03-23-2003, 04:18 PM
I came, i went, I felt vtec......

sniperSI
03-23-2003, 04:25 PM
:D yaya i contributed.

JSIR
03-23-2003, 06:44 PM
You can feel the vtc vary the cam timing by altering throttle position at any rpm. From a steady state cruise if you push the accelerator towards WOT you can feel the powerband change and the car accelerates quite differently. Also around 4600 rpms there is some type of change in the cam profile and/or timing at WOT where revs build more quickly and torque increases a bit. Some people dispute this, but it is quite evident and even shows on a dyno chart.

sniperSI
03-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Yes, totaly agree, however when you do it slow it's kinda cool because it's like you feel it on the smallest level.

anjapower
03-23-2003, 07:54 PM
JSIR: Isn't that due to the intake resonance effect?