PDA

View Full Version : JDM CTR rear sway bar install

97gsr90si
03-23-2003, 05:56 PM
I recieved my CTR rear sway bar from Pole Position Products on friday afternoon. I installed it on saturday morning. The bar came with the bar itself and 2 bushings (all honda parts). The install itself was pretty straight forward. Unbolt (4) screws from the sub-frame mounting brackets and (2) screws from the end links.

NOTE 1: When unbolting the end link nuts, the screws may spin. A needle nose vice grip will be usefull in holding the backside of the endlink screw. It's a little tough but it will work eventually! (maybe some penetrating oil would be useful)

NOTE 2: Once the bar has been mounted, I noticed that the passenger side of the bar is bent slightly downward from the sub-frame bracket outward. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS CORRECT! (was the bar accidently bent wrong?) When one of you guys install your bar please let me and others know what your findings are.

Thanks, Brian

OH YEA! I almost forgot, this is ALL with the factory suspension components (NOT CURRENTLY LOWERED AT ALL). I will be ordering my Progress springs and SPC alignment kit monday or tuesday this week. I plan to install them on this saturday. I will post my results after. (all problems clearance issues etc.)

fASTBACK
03-24-2003, 09:47 PM
Dude. What happened to all of the post that was on here?

WHO DELETED THEM ALL AND WHY?

Jpax
03-25-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by fASTBACK
Dude. What happened to all of the post that was on here?

WHO DELETED THEM ALL AND WHY?

I DELETED them all, because he didn't post his review to our guide lines.

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10029

He should have put a post like this in the suspension fourm, and given his thoughs on performance, cost,install and over all manufactureing quality of the product, in rate and review thats why we have that forum.

:rolleyes:

97gsr90si
03-25-2003, 09:31 AM
I don't mean to be rude, but isn't that being just a little picky?

You could have just moved the thread into the suspension forum. This is helpful information for people and I don't think "deleting" it is the answer. Just because we didn't follow the rules "to the tee" doesn't mean that the post (s) should be deleted!?!

With all due respect, you may eventually aggrivate people enough and they just won't post here any more. Come on!...relax a little! This is a message board, not the military.

Thanks, Brian

Jpax
03-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by 97gsr90si
I don't mean to be rude, but isn't that being just a little picky?

You could have just moved the thread into the suspension forum. This is helpful information for people and I don't think "deleting" it is the answer. Just because we didn't follow the rules "to the tee" doesn't mean that the post (s) should be deleted!?!

With all due respect, you may eventually aggrivate people enough and they just won't post here any more. Come on!...relax a little! This is a message board, not the military.

Thanks, Brian

Ok Sur, Ill keep that in mind.

I deleted them from the rate and review ONLY , If you want me to be picky, I'll be picky To who can log onto my server from now on.

bmx269
03-25-2003, 06:50 PM
I think the idea of organization is to make it easy to find information by anyone who looks for it. When you post off topic or in the wrong sections, moderators have to correct the posts, by moving them to an approprate area on the board. If you have a problem with keeping things organized, post your threads to the "OFF TOPIC" forum. By doing this, you dont put the " forks where the spoons go" as it were.

Thanks

dustinhurley
03-26-2003, 06:13 PM
I installed my CTR swaybar today. It was a pain in the ass to get the bolts off the end links. I didn't have to flip my sub-frame brackets, and couldn't have if I wanted to. The gas tank wouldn't allow it. But, I don't have any problems with the bar hitting anything. I think the problem previously stated was due to the fact that the CTR is lower than the Si. Anyway, I really notice a difference and this was a good, cost effective, mod

raiyo
03-26-2003, 10:23 PM
So you guys aren't running any reinforment brackets?

fASTBACK
03-26-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by raiyo
So you guys aren't running any reinforment brackets?

Yeah...I was wondering that too. Pole position said that CTRs don't have reinforcement plates so I guess we don't need them either. But if anything bigger than stock I believe we should get them. I'm gonna install mine this Saturday if I can.

What did you guys torque the end links too?

97gsr90si
03-27-2003, 06:24 AM
Hmmm, maybe mine is bent funny?

Did you notice weather or not the bar was bent much different that the stock one?

fASTBACK
03-27-2003, 09:58 PM

Did you notice weather or not the bar was bent much different that the stock one?

Post a pic then. I don't know because I haven't seen my stock one.

Glix
03-27-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by PaXiE

Ok Sur, Ill keep that in mind.

I deleted them from the rate and review ONLY , If you want me to be picky, I'll be picky To who can log onto my server from now on.

You're just pissed because your car is yellow! :confused:

spoon3168
04-21-2003, 09:03 PM

mine fit perfectly fine, i order the DC5-R stabilizer one instead..and bought the ES suspension bushing greaseble kit :D

97gsr90si
04-22-2003, 05:21 AM
here's my pic...notice the bend toward the RIGHT sub-frame bracket outward (slightly downward). Is this correct?

fASTBACK
04-22-2003, 06:29 AM
Humm...I do notice that on yours. I just installed mine and haven't got a chance to take a pic yet but I dont' think mine does that. The install was very simple.

Cone Killer
04-22-2003, 08:07 PM

NOTE 1: When unbolting the end link nuts, the screws may spin. A needle nose vice grip will be usefull in holding the backside of the endlink screw. It's a little tough but it will work eventually! (maybe some penetrating oil would be useful)

The correct and easier method to do this is to use an allen wrench placed insided the end of the bolt to keep it in place.