PDA

View Full Version : NO more EP, hello EVO8

ADMstunna
03-23-2003, 08:53 PM
hey yall. my ep couldnt quite keep up with my pops S2000 so i got a black evo8. fockit. did all that work on my headlights to trade the damn car in. but its okay!!! the evo8 is an awesome car. the feeling is like none other. 600mile break in sucks though. i recommend everybody test driving an evo, its a strict sports car. no bull shiet. point and shoot and hold on.

DownTheHatch
03-23-2003, 09:04 PM
Nice car, all I can say is don't ever get married. If you know what I mean.

02 Si (PA)
03-23-2003, 09:15 PM
Can I ask how much you paied for the EVO8??

DownTheHatch
03-23-2003, 09:21 PM
I think the MSRP is $28,999 plus a $5,000 dealer markup, somewhere in the range of $35,000. Did they give you any kind of deal?

IceD out N CALI
03-23-2003, 09:29 PM
how much did they give you for your ep?

Jpax
03-23-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by ADMstunna
hey yall. my ep couldnt quite keep up with my pops S2000 so i got a black evo8. fockit. did all that work on my headlights to trade the damn car in. but its okay!!! the evo8 is an awesome car. the feeling is like none other. 600mile break in sucks though. i recommend everybody test driving an evo, its a strict sports car. no bull shiet. point and shoot and hold on.

It was nice knowing ya :D

RiceCzechs
03-23-2003, 10:02 PM
Congrats on succeeding one fine machine with another. Just don't kill yourself with all of that power, k? :)

Mugen Power
03-23-2003, 10:06 PM
You've got a fine list of cars you own/owned...

Maybe it's time to consider leasing :p

StrangeShadow
03-23-2003, 10:17 PM
beautiful car man...that's the only prb now, right when you think you got something good, something better comes out...Like the STI' coming in the summer 300hp vs evo8 271hp, plus a lot more...but hey, with those two the AWD makes a difference that most of our(ep) mods can't make up for, make sure you post times and early mods =D best of luck.

95 GSR
03-23-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by RiceCzechs
Just don't kill yourself with all of that power, k? :)

i think the payments might kill him first.:D

StrangeShadow
03-23-2003, 10:24 PM
i think the payments might kill him first.
lol, what are the payments? Must be high:confused:

Makross
03-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Sell out

just playin nice ride :cool:

Shpoo
03-23-2003, 11:56 PM
I looked at one at the dealership in Monrovia and they want $9000 on top of MSRP! :eek:

Good luck with your new car. ;)

03hatch
03-24-2003, 12:04 AM
just like that a new car....wish i had that kind of money...nice car.. :cool:

1fastminivan
03-24-2003, 12:28 AM
IM SO JEALOUS!!!! *drooooooling*:p

ADMstunna
03-24-2003, 07:58 AM
sticker is 30,812 with sunroof

paid 1500 over msrp and got 14000 for my car.

dont tell anybody about the 1500 over though, cuz thats pretty much the lowest ive heard or seen paid for one. ;) everybody else is gettin raped for 5-6-7g's over msrp.

ssvr6
03-24-2003, 08:35 AM
Were you out at Towers on Friday? There were 3 evos there (Black, Red, and Yellow). Just curious if that was you.

Nice score BTW.

Steve

ADMstunna
03-24-2003, 08:43 AM
new Sti isnt a big deal. its been out in the UK for a while and has already been compared with the Evo. its not better, but now its starting to approach the level of the Evo. dont let the numbers fool you, go read the comparisons between the evo and sti and inform yourself..... both cars are great, its more opinion that determines which one u get. the Sti is ugly to me, and i dont know anyone that works on them. on the other hand, i know a shop that specializes in mitsu's and the evo is an external waste gate, full 3 inch exhaust, boost controller and greddy emanage away from 400hp.

here - read and learn -

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?domain=evo&page=http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/driven/driven_story.php?id=33932

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?domain=evo&page=http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/driven/driven_story.php?id=33935

edit - another article

http://www.topgear.beeb.com/servlet/tg?DEST=/content/jsp/individualRoadTest.jsp&EVENT=1010&MAKE=Subaru:E3&MODEL=Impreza:A1&roadTestNumber=14.html

looks like i did my homework. did you?

ADMstunna
03-24-2003, 08:48 AM
naw wasnt me. i got mine sunday afternoon.

LordKoo
03-24-2003, 09:37 AM
Nah.... I would use that money and buy a hot-rod Mercedes...

Good luck on your Evo, I hope it does not break that easily like GSX

StrangeShadow
03-24-2003, 10:25 AM
thanks for the enfo... wasn't trying to bash you, if that's how it came off, sorry about that.
Just thinking out loud, how everytime "I" buy a car they seam to come out w/another one that "I" should have waited for.
I love the evo8, that's why I nearly strangled my sister when she bought an 0Z lancer and didn't wait for the Evo's.
Best of luck w/it, and that would be cool if you can post your mods when they come later. =)

ADMstunna
03-24-2003, 11:20 AM
that post was aimed at everyone in general - (Sorry for kinda aiming it directly at u)

everyone keeps saying "you shoulda waited for the Sti, its gonna be 300hp" or "wait for the Sti, its gonna have way more stuff" on this and other forums and thats all they know about the upcoming Sti. that its 300hp, and has "more stuff" , not that the Lancer trounced the last version of the Sti and almost forced subaru to re-think and to re-do their top performance car because it really didnt live up to expectations and didnt phase the Evolution at all. :D if the Sti is anything like the our current wrx interms of overall feel, steering, shifter, seat position and forward vision - the evolution has it beat in all those categories handily. the evo aint a joke, its harsh, its loud, makes funny noises, and doesnt compromise, like the Integra Type R - thats y i love it.

CleanBlackSi02
03-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Lucky lucky bastard! Congrats on the new ride.

AkronSi
03-24-2003, 11:36 AM
Super nice ride man. Congrats!

-LAW-
03-24-2003, 12:51 PM
congrats !!! hope i can catch up with u next time i see u in the road :p

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-24-2003, 01:33 PM
sticker is 30,812 with sunroof

paid 1500 over msrp and got 14000 for my car.

dont tell anybody about the 1500 over though, cuz thats pretty much the lowest ive heard or seen paid for one. ;) everybody else is gettin raped for 5-6-7g's over msrp.

IMO, you got raped as well.
Anyone who pays $32,500 for a mitsubishi lancer is out of their mind.
That's over $20,000 above the base model lancer, just for the powertrain upgrade, suspension and some "Enkei" wheels. :eek:
Expect a $15,000+ depreciation in the first year.
My guess is that you have enough money not to care if you bought this car in the first place.

PS: post a pic of the interior when you get one.
:angel:

Don't consider this a flame, just my opinion, this is a forum where we all express our opinions.

golferjn
03-24-2003, 01:37 PM
nice car man

Mugen Power
03-24-2003, 01:48 PM
True, the Evo may have beat the STi in UK mags (BTW, I've seen each one beating the other, so go figure...) but don't forget that those Evos had all the goodies like AYC and no horsepower deficit like the USDM one. Also, those STis had the EJ20 motor (2.0 liter) where as the USDM one will have the EJ25. Also, their revised STi (i.e. the ones with the non-round headlights) will have a new twin-scroll turbo that's supposed to deliver power even better than before as well as improve response (I don't think the USDM STi will be using a turbo like this... can't win 'em all).

ALL IN ALL, these cars are more or less on par with each other. I PERSONALLY would get the STi when it comes out instead of the Evo cuz those trick diffs make all the difference in the world, nevermind the greater amount of torque from a motor .5 L larger ;)

I've always favored the Subarus back in the day when I learned about the STi Version 3 and Lancer Evolution II/III so it's just preference. It's true that the Evos always looked better but neither of these cars are lookers, when it comes down to it. Sure, we may love how they look but if you want a looker, get an S2000, FD3S, or JZA80. :)

Just my opinion, please don't respond before this turns out to be a flame war...

StrangeShadow
03-24-2003, 02:48 PM
That's over $20,000 above the base model lancer, just for the powertrain upgrade, suspension and some "Enkei" wheels.
WHOOO my sister has a base model OZ, and umm... all you get with the OZ is nicer interrior and some 15' wheels, those run about 20+ (120hp engine...),
let me just say, that going with a 151hp upgrade, plus AWD, and powertrain/drivetrain/suspension that is particular made for rally/tuning, umm.... does make a big diff...and is well worth 10k more...

LedFoot
03-24-2003, 03:32 PM
Dag... nice car. Can I drive it sometime? LOL.... just kiddin'...;)
Have a great time with it!

*mumbles* Lucky bastard.... :D

SiR Medic
03-24-2003, 05:30 PM
Day-um.

Must be nice to be able to trade yer car after only a few months...

I'm in it for the long haul with the SiR.

Nice ride though! Those EVO 8s are nutz! Have fun owning WRX's!:D

ADMstunna
03-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
True, the Evo may have beat the STi in UK mags (BTW, I've seen each one beating the other, so go figure...) but don't forget that those Evos had all the goodies like AYC and no horsepower deficit like the USDM one. Also, those STis had the EJ20 motor (2.0 liter) where as the USDM one will have the EJ25. Also, their revised STi (i.e. the ones with the non-round headlights) will have a new twin-scroll turbo that's supposed to deliver power even better than before as well as improve response (I don't think the USDM STi will be using a turbo like this... can't win 'em all).

ALL IN ALL, these cars are more or less on par with each other. I PERSONALLY would get the STi when it comes out instead of the Evo cuz those trick diffs make all the difference in the world, nevermind the greater amount of torque from a motor .5 L larger ;)

I've always favored the Subarus back in the day when I learned about the STi Version 3 and Lancer Evolution II/III so it's just preference. It's true that the Evos always looked better but neither of these cars are lookers, when it comes down to it. Sure, we may love how they look but if you want a looker, get an S2000, FD3S, or JZA80. :)

Just my opinion, please don't respond before this turns out to be a flame war...

i have to respond cuz that was a good reply, an informed reply that more people should try to do. ur right, they are neck and neck and its all about opinion - these cars are to the point where they are very equal and always remember, our US spec Evo is watered down, so dont forget that the US spec STI will prolly be watered down as well.....dealers dont even know about them or have any info so all information out now is hear say.

that reply bout "paying 32,500 for a mitsubishi lancer is out of their mind" , GO AND DRIVE ONE, then come back and post an informed reply. GO AND DRIVE ITS COMPETITION - Z06, M3, 350Z, S2000 (my dad has an S2000) ive driven all of these except the 350 and lookin at the numbers the EVO blows the 350 out of the water in all performance aspects and price wise. EVo offers a RAW PERFORMANCE EDGE that none of these other cars offer besides the ZO6 - similar to how the DC2 TypeR's were. drive one and you will see that the Evo offers very similar performance in a very similar no holds barred fashion as the Z06 for a lot less money...... im no rookie when it comes to cars so dont think i got this car as a FAD, this is an awesome car even if u dont want to think so because u think that it is a fad rather than a true sports car. get a life

IceD out N CALI
03-24-2003, 06:01 PM
wow, they gave you 14k for trade in? thats good considering another member only got like 11.5k for his trade in;)

BlackFL2k2Si
03-24-2003, 09:57 PM
Shoulda traded your ADMStunna headlights for my stockers before ya traded em in :D Hopefully you'll still come out to a Towers meet or two. Great car man!

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-24-2003, 10:34 PM

that reply bout "paying 32,500 for a mitsubishi lancer is out of their mind" , GO AND DRIVE ONE, then come back and post an informed reply. GO AND DRIVE ITS COMPETITION - Z06, M3, 350Z, S2000 (my dad has an S2000) ive driven all of these except the 350 and lookin at the numbers the EVO blows the 350 out of the water in all performance aspects and price wise. EVo offers a RAW PERFORMANCE EDGE that none of these other cars offer besides the ZO6 - similar to how the DC2 TypeR's were. drive one and you will see that the Evo offers very similar performance in a very similar no holds barred fashion as the Z06 for a lot less money...... im no rookie when it comes to cars so dont think i got this car as a FAD, this is an awesome car even if u dont want to think so because u think that it is a fad rather than a true sports car. get a life

I take it that statement was directed toward me. If you feel offended by my statement, i'm NOT sorry. If you don't like my opinion, I DONT care...lol...I'm free to say whatever I like, and beleive it or not, my opinions ARE informed.

I've driven every car you listed there except an S2000, only because I couldnt physically fit in the car being 6'6"...The Lancer may be an impressive car, performance wise, but as i said before, paying $32,500 is INSANE! The interior looks/feels like a damn Dodge Neon and the Exterior looks like a riceboy's wet dream. NOTHING on that car can justify that pricetag....period.
I'm sure youre not a rookie when it comes to cars and I'm not saying that you bought this car on impulse or anything.
<cough> how long did you have the ep again? <cough>

Sorry that you're so on upset i'm not complimenting your new baby...it is a nice car, really, just not $32,500 nice...

That car would be well received in the $22-24k range.

4g63dsm
03-24-2003, 10:45 PM
nice car!

4G63 Power can't be beat!

StrangeShadow
03-24-2003, 11:59 PM
it's a great car, if I had 30k it would be in my drive way,
-ppl bashing it, keep in mind everyone likes something diff and will pay what they want for what they like,
EX:some ppl pay for neon underglows, while others for JDM HID', and others for both, no need to bash someone cause they bought what "they" wanted.

LordKoo
03-25-2003, 01:40 AM
Expressing my own opinion:

$32k to blow... I will buy an older AMG model like CLK 55 or E55 and mount a Kleeman supercharger, viola! 400 plus hp!

Beside, German cars are known for speed.... Mitsubishi is japanese, and japanese cars ten years down the road = worthless. Mercedes ten years down the road = Mercedes.

ADMstunna
03-25-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC

I take it that statement was directed toward me. If you feel offended by my statement, i'm NOT sorry. If you don't like my opinion, I DONT care...lol...I'm free to say whatever I like, and beleive it or not, my opinions ARE informed.

I've driven every car you listed there except an S2000, only because I couldnt physically fit in the car being 6'6"...The Lancer may be an impressive car, performance wise, but as i said before, paying $32,500 is INSANE! The interior looks/feels like a damn Dodge Neon and the Exterior looks like a riceboy's wet dream. NOTHING on that car can justify that pricetag....period.
I'm sure youre not a rookie when it comes to cars and I'm not saying that you bought this car on impulse or anything.

Sorry that you're so on upset i'm not complimenting your new baby...it is a nice car, really, just not $32,500 nice...

if you have to put a disclamer like this after u post, then you know your post was bullshiet

i got the car on impulse huh? my dad has been to the mitsubishi dealer once a month for the past year and a half waiting for this car to arrive in the US. it was supposed to be for him but he decided not to trade the S2000 for it so the only way he could get the car in the family was to trade my Si for it.... thats impulse for you

interior looks and feels like a dodge neon? cmon man. thats just plain ol disrespectful. lol. i have to repsond to this cuz i test drove a neon srt4 about a week ago- that is a truly piece of shit car interior/exterior/handling/ergonomics wise. all the neon does good is go fast. and its focking fast. u really are not informed if ur making statements likening the evo interior to a neon.

IMO, you got raped as well.
Anyone who pays $32,500 for a mitsubishi lancer is out of their mind.
That's over $20,000 above the base model lancer, just for the powertrain upgrade, suspension and some "Enkei" wheels.
Expect a $15,000+ depreciation in the first year.
My guess is that you have enough money not to care if you bought this car in the first place.

PS: post a pic of the interior when you get one.

Don't consider this a flame, just my opinion, this is a forum where we all express our opinions. lol, more disclaimers in ur post. yes, i have enough money not to care thats it - the only thing that the evo shares with the base lancer is the 2 front doors and dashboard....

so what new cars out there are worth their price tags.........
looking at it from ur angle, no sports car is worth the price....
350z (cheaper interior than the evo) - not worth it
Z06 (hopped up regular corvette/interior is crap) - cant be worth it
M3 (hopped up regular 3 series coupe) - cant be worth it
S2000 (y not get miata?/no amenities) - cant be worth it
NSX (fake ferrari, shiet it should have fake ferrari price) - not worth it
360 (real ferrari?, just buy a Viper) - not worth it
Viper (bus engine + 2 seats) - not worth it
WRX (amenities?/ ugly/ crappy feel) - not worth it
RSX (too slow for the price huh?lol too many amenities) - not worth it

yeah this was long but there was some much irrelevant and wrong information in ur post that i had to address there was no way around it.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-25-2003, 10:01 AM

yeah this was long but there was some much irrelevant and wrong information in ur post that i had to address there was no way around it.

ummm...those were not "disclaimers"...
do you even know what that word means...lol
i was simply being nice by stating that these were just my opinions and meant no personal insult to you as a person...
but if you can't take criticism then why the hell would you post here, obviously you wanted to know what we thought...
or were you just "showing off"?

i can't beleive you would even compare your 4 banger mistu sedan to the majority of the cars on that list...
unless your delusional mind has you thinking you're driving an exotic?!

lol

:*

LordKoo
03-25-2003, 10:25 AM
ADMstunna,
You are talking crap now.... You are comparing apples to oranges here! NSX, 360, Viper, Z06 are in supercar leagues. What is your Lancer? Bloody POS rally car! Try to take these cars on a real long hard road course, they smoke your Lancer's little ass and would not bother to split out the bones!

Heck, Lancer is a Lancer, Mitsubishi is a Mitsubishit. Whatever it is, it is a still a Japanese econo box with better engine, suspension, transmission...etc.

You may cry for all you want about how great your Evo 7.5 is! But WRX STI would definitely kick Evo 7.5's ass!

ADMstunna
03-25-2003, 10:33 AM
stating that ur opinion is ur opinion when ur posting in a forum that is made for expressing ur opinion is redundant....

i can take criticism - just not pointless low cheap shot criticism -

ummm...those were not "disclaimers"...
do you even know what that word means...lol what does this have to do with anything automotive? lol, this is an automotive forum right? so lets talk about the cars.

here is a list of cars that were in the running for Evo Magazines "Evo Car of the Year" not all of them exotic - but all in the running because they are top sports cars

Honda NSX-R
Porsche 911 Carrera 4S
Ferrari 575M
Mercedes SL55 AMG
Lotus Elise 111S
Mini Cooper S
Mitsu Evo VII FQ-300
Nissan 350Z
Renault Sport Clio
Jaguar XKR-R
Subaru Impreza STiPPP
Ford Focus RS

can't beleive you would even compare your 4 banger mistu sedan to the majority of the cars on that list...
unless your delusional mind has you thinking you're driving an exotic?! another cheap shot. i didnt say it was an exotic- a car doesnt have to be exotic to be good..... but i guess im dillusional and so are the guys at EVO magazine.....

ADMstunna
03-25-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by LordKoo
ADMstunna,
You are talking crap now.... You are comparing apples to oranges here! NSX, 360, Viper, Z06 are in supercar leagues. What is your Lancer? Bloody POS rally car! Try to take these cars on a real long hard road course, they smoke your Lancer's little ass and would not bother to split out the bones!

Heck, Lancer is a Lancer, Mitsubishi is a Mitsubishit. Whatever it is, it is a still a Japanese econo box with better engine, suspension, transmission...etc.

You may cry for all you want about how great your Evo 7.5 is! But WRX STI would definitely kick Evo 7.5's ass!

aww man more random comments

they have been compared - the wrx sti and evo, and it doesnt kick its ass.....

damn, you guys cant read. how bout u re-read what i posted. i wasnt comparing them, i was pointing out how adamquick must view these cars as not worth it....

95 GSR
03-25-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by LordKoo
ADMstunna,

turbo 4cy sedan vs Ferrari, NSX, Z06 and Viper??? u guys are really somthing. i'd still take the DSM over all those "super cars". i'd rather have 3 EVO 8 for the price of the new NSX. I rather get a EVO 8 and keep my arm and my leg.
IMO.. DSM rules!

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-25-2003, 03:24 PM
another cheap shot. i didnt say it was an exotic- a car doesnt have to be exotic to be good..... but i guess im dillusional and so are the guys at EVO magazine.....

I'll be the bigger man and step away from this before it gets even more out of control.
ADMstunna, you should really learn how to take criticism like a man & stop bitching an moaning just because *I* (what does my opinion count for anyway) think you got ass-raped.
Suck it up and go enjoy your new car.
;)

NemesisITR
03-25-2003, 05:37 PM
Good looking car. Take care of it and dont let other people get to ya.

2k2_nbp_egg
03-25-2003, 07:13 PM
First of all, congrats on your new badass car, and I hope you have fun with it. I would stare at it for a while if i saw it in real life. Jealous of your raw performance factor? Fuck yea.

However

Im sorry but thats a really dumb way to look at things. ADAMcivic wasnt really adressing things like that...and to look at those cars in that kind of light is fucking stupid.

And dude, to even compare your interior to a bunch of other Japanese interiors (350, S2k, NSX) you mentioned and the European interiors is ridiculous (a hopped up three series thats alot sexier than a lancer).
The Z06 has a shitty interior for what you pay...yes...but for 32K the lancer is as well.

Also, in that whole STi vs EVO comparos....isnt that the euro and japanese spec EVO that gets all the electronic goodies that you dont? I dont care enough to check, but im pretty sure none of the reviewers in america have had both USDM models to test against. However seeing as how close pitted the JDM Evo is with the STi (thats not going to really be too much difference in all the global models) your USDM Evo is going to get pwned by the STi. Sorry :(

p.s. hey adjustable xenons are cool arent they?

raiyo
03-25-2003, 08:33 PM
Nice car, I wanted one before I bought my Si, but I was thinking. hmm..... payment, insurance, and haters? nah... I'll go with the new Si mini-van. If I had the bucks, I would get one, that is if only I stand next to my call ALL the time. I wouldnt want my ride to get kicked or keyed. Best of luck to you with your WONDER car. droooolllllll :p

DownTheHatch
03-25-2003, 08:43 PM
This thread is 3 pages too long, congratulate the man on his car and get on with your lives, this jealous bickering is giving me a headache.

Normally I'd lock the thead, but I'll keep it up for ADM's sake.

Mugen Power
03-25-2003, 10:12 PM
I was gonna say this sooner but the board was so frickin slow the other day that it was kinda pointless...

Now that the STi issue is brought up again, let me say that the USDM STi WILL HAVE all those extra goodies like the trick diffs. It WILL have 300 hp out of a 2.5 liter motor like I said before. It's gonna be DIFFERENT FROM THE WORLDWIDE VERSIONS because of this motor, the other nations getting the 2.0 motor (JDM one gets those new twin-scroll turbos I mentioned earlier, definitely NOT on the USDM ones, not sure about Euro ones...). And this may as well all be fact since Subaru of America showed off the USDM STi (as it will come to a dealer near you) at one of the major North American auto shows, that is WITH the electronic goodies and the 2.5L motor pumping out 300hp and 300 lb-ft of torque. So before anyone says this is all just a guess before it comes out, I'm pretty sure this is a sealed deal already.

And THAT is one of the biggest reasons why I would choose the STi over the Evo.

BTW, this may all seem off topic but it flows with my first reply and ADM's reply to my first reply. :D

Glix
03-25-2003, 10:38 PM

Dude your dash molesting a true performance car. Who gives a rats ass about interior when the car can run a 12.5 second 1/4 with nothing but slicks added. Speaking of paying to much for a car let's talk about paying 19,400 for an Si that is about as powerful as the average Dodge neon you see on the street, and it handles just about as good too. You want sad? The largest Honda dealership in Phoenix has moved all their Si's over to a dirt parking lot next to the hyundai dealership. They aren't even keeping them on the lot anymore. If anyone got ripped off for a nice interior it's us, because that's about all we got out of this car. It can just as easily be said that some of us paid 19,000 for a car that is really only worth 15,000 and performance wise it's worth about 12,000. we are the laughing stock of the entire import scene so please don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house.

32,500 is chump change for what your actually getting in an EVO.

and btw ADM damn nice car I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

SpeedRacer
03-25-2003, 10:45 PM
well most people on this forum including me didn't pay sticker. i paid about 16 for my si and i love it. Anyways i dont like or dislike the evo8 but i think subaru has a better reputation so i would take the STi. Anyways i just wasted 15min reading this thread thank god it's over.

ADMstunna
03-25-2003, 11:36 PM
woo 4 pages. thanks yall. i learned alot in this thread about the up coming STI that i didnt know. also learned alot about a few people here that dont know how to have a good argument in a forum. also learned a lot about a few people that dont read the entire thread and post and dont make any sense.

still glad i chose the evo however. 2.5 liters out of the sti would be quite powerful with a 25g turbo. 2.0 liters out of the evo with a 25g turbo would be pretty powerful too. but sti's history of being a "softer" and less edgey car than the Evolution keeps my hopes up glad that i made the decision that i did.

todaCspec
03-26-2003, 06:38 AM
Did you make the decision on trading in the EP for the EVO? or did your dad make the decision? Considering he didn't want to trade his S2000 for it, hmmmm?

Performance wise =:p
body wise =:(
price and price w/mark-up =:confused:
Mitsubishi = :eek: (problems)

hamproof
03-26-2003, 07:48 AM
Calling this car the EVO 8 is a bit of a stretch. It's really an EVO 7.5. Basically, Mitsubishi took the EVO VII, like the Euro-spec car we tested last July, and tweaked it to fit the U.S. market.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0303scc_lancer/

For $30k, you cannot get the best of both world. You either sacrifice performance and get a nice luxury interior or you get a nice luxury interior but you don't get the to be the fastest car on the street.

Just take a look at the current crop of $30k cars.

From the Bummer 325 (looks good exterior, ok interior) but only 180HP or so, it is definitely not performance oriented.

Audi A4 1.8T or 3.0 (looks good exterior, nice interior) but again not the fastest at 170HP or 220HP (stock)

Mercedes C240 (looks nice, so so interior). Not fast either

Jag X-Type (looks nice, nice interior). Not so fast

Acura 3.2CL-S/TL-S (looks plain, so so interior). Fast

Infiniti G35 (looks ok, so so interior). Fast

Evo (still looks like a cheapo Lancer, cheapo interior). Really fast

WRX Sti (looks subjective, cheapo interior). Really really fast

You can't get the best of both world.

ADMstunna
03-26-2003, 08:07 AM
nothing beats the feeling of a convertible ;) nothing beats the feeling of boost ;) my pops wants both! one car cant do it all (can we say M3 Convertible turbo? :eek: that would solve a lot of peoples turbo/convertible dillema)

it was my decision, but how could i refuse -
ep = damn, i need more power$$$$ and more handling$$$$ or
evo = damn, i need more power$$$$ and a helmet

ah shiet im still stuck with the same basic problem :p i need more power!!!.

if i fix up the evo to accelerate like how my corolla did, its gonnna be devastating :eek:

i dunno about the reliability issue and problems arising, but this car is supposed to be pretty bulletproof. doesnt have weak transmission issues of the gst/gsx and doesnt have the axle breaking issues of the gsx. plus i dont abuse my cars so it should hold up. price wise i see it as more bang for the buck (cheaper too) than the 350z Track just short on the looks....nothing a set of 19'' Volk GT-C's in Gold couldnt fix :D

master7
03-26-2003, 09:14 AM
Peace peoples- i love my Si- and i knew when i bought it , it wasn't going to be the fastest thing on the street. Its not like you paid 100 thousand for her and you getting beat by push buggies . You will never be satisfied if you keep comparing your car to the next-- cause there will always be a faster one , better rims, paint job, sound system, more room ...mods etcc... ,

i mean CONGRATS to my man and his new ride,Evo- good luck with her .
But everybody just ride proud in yr rides , whatever it may be SI,STI,SIR, EVO, RSX,VW,Audi, School bus , ice cream truck whatever!!

I make the best of my EP and its all about the attitude to me , cause even with my baby being all stock except for a AEM CAI, more people still ride up to try to prove them selves to me than i have to prove something to them and i wonder why-- its cause they know deep down inside are cars have the potential to be the shit!because its something new to the street. And this will happen with ever new decent compact that hits the street ( and i didn't say everything thats hits the street is the best or fastest ) You should keep yr self in a class by yrself- fuc everybody else....ride or die.. if you dont like yr ride wether its a . SI,STI,SIR, EVO, RSX,VW,Audi, School bus , ice cream truck whatever!! give her up for adoptions and you can catch the fu*cking bus.. where everything will move way faster!!!! you either love yr ride or leave it!!!! I mean shit , i have ran up on vettes just because of my mindset, in my little slow si,NOT!!! its fast to me and I didn't say the fatest-- which to me is still way cool

Shes my poor man's toy and i rev her up every chance i get!!!!and sometimes i will through her to the wolves ( cars that i know are way faster), buts its ok cause with a real SIers attitude..i can keep face... and still get the girls and my BUBBLE BACK SILVER BULLET!!!!;)

There will always be newer, fatest, etc so if people all of a sudden think the Si is a peice of shit- I am going to keeop the street smelling stinky;)

If you aint no professional race car driver who really cares that the mayn't have the fatest car, Tell the police that - CAuse when i get pulled over doing a buck 35 +(135mph+) its the same for the guy in the EVO, SIR, STI,VW, school bus , ice cream truck- we all just big kids with different kind of skate boards just trying to have a little fun and kick around!! I love all forms of thge compact sport car scene - it make the pictures way better- i think it would get real boring if everybody had the "fastest car " :confused: so everybody just stay fast and furious, one ----peace

HondaMan
03-26-2003, 10:42 AM
Congrats! Must be nice! ;)

chet
03-26-2003, 11:10 AM
Great looking car, enjoy it. Cars are like food. We all have our own tastes, and eat what we like. Don't sweat the small things like people saying this is better or that. I am sure you're going to eventually put another 5 or 6,000 in it anyway right? Lord Koo, if you like the Sti so much, go get yourself one. And do you really believe Japanese cars have no value after 10 years?

zerofighter
03-26-2003, 11:40 AM
lord koo's comment are really interesting. at least in ten years my si will still be running, and i wont be getting ripped off when i buy parts to keep my car up.

Tragedy
03-26-2003, 11:49 AM
I've driven an EVO6 and EVO7, but never an EVO8. I'm not trying to sound biased or anything, but I did notice the Imprezas handled a lot better than the EVOs. I drove an 01 STi then an 01 EVO7, the STi had a lot less bodyroll. The thing I liked about the EVO was the turbolag wasn't as bad. The only thing keeping me from considering an EVO is that Mitsubishi is the most recalled car in Japan.
:(

DJQuikFingaz
03-26-2003, 07:56 PM
Well I don't know about you guys, but I want MORE PICS!!:) :)

StrangeShadow
03-26-2003, 11:25 PM
Dude your dash molesting a true performance car. Who gives a rats ass about interior when the car can run a 12.5 second 1/4 with nothing but slicks added. Speaking of paying to much for a car let's talk about paying 19,400 for an Si that is about as powerful as the average Dodge neon you see on the street, and it handles just about as good too. You want sad? The largest Honda dealership in Phoenix has moved all their Si's over to a dirt parking lot next to the hyundai dealership. They aren't even keeping them on the lot anymore. If anyone got ripped off for a nice interior it's us, because that's about all we got out of this car. It can just as easily be said that some of us paid 19,000 for a car that is really only worth 15,000 and performance wise it's worth about 12,000. we are the laughing stock of the entire import scene so please don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house.
roflol
come back:

Peace peoples- i love my Si- and i knew when i bought it , it wasn't going to be the fastest thing on the street. Its not like you paid 100 thousand for her and you getting beat by push buggies . You will never be satisfied if you keep
comparing your car to the next-- cause there will always be a faster one , better rims, paint job, sound system, more room ...mods etcc... ,
lol cool

i mean CONGRATS to my man and his new ride,Evo- good luck with her .
But everybody just ride proud in yr rides , whatever it may be SI,STI,SIR, EVO, RSX,VW,Audi, School bus , ice cream truck whatever!!
hhahahah
he said school bus!!!!!
wow this is some funny stuff, I posted whn it as 1page, stay away a day and when I come back it's 5 PAGES of bashing geez.

Love the car man, will most deff. add you to my Super Hero list. =D

StrangeShadow
03-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Well I don't know about you guys, but I want MORE PICS!!
...their in every single mag in eery single stor right now, just shove 3-4 int you pants like everyone else does, lol j/k.

DUDE!!! you're in modeso?!?!! I was raised there!! we have to meet up some time!!! there's one more ep over here where I live and like two in turlock that would be cool to meet up. =D

95 GSR
03-27-2003, 10:55 AM
evo8 vs wrx
evo8( GSR) vs sti .... this is how it should be...
evo8 vs sti... <--- u guys are comparing a regualr model ( evo8 ) vs a top model (sti ) of subaru.

When the Evo8 GSR hits the states, u STI lovers will have ur hand full.
current evo8 is just a regular model ( RS ) ... the evo8 GSR ( which might be called "EVO 9" ) will be also about 300+ when it comes here. evo8 gSR ....low 12s in japan ... STOCK!

http://www.pruvenperformance.com/pruvenlancer.htm

http://www10.plala.or.jp/r246c/myroom/evo7.html

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-27-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by 95 GSR
evo8 vs wrx
evo8( GSR) vs sti .... this is how it should be...
evo8 vs sti... <--- u guys are comparing a regualr model ( evo8 ) vs a top model (sti ) of subaru.

When the Evo8 GSR hits the states, u STI lovers will have ur hand full.
current evo8 is just a regular model ( RS ) ... the evo8 GSR ( which might be called "EVO 9" ) will be also about 300+ when it comes here. evo8 gSR ....low 12s in japan ... STOCK!

http://www.pruvenperformance.com/pruvenlancer.htm

Pruven Performance...that in NJ?
Looks like the Timeslips are from E-town...
Could be wrong though, pics are almost unreadable.

95 GSR
03-27-2003, 11:15 AM

Pruven Performance...that in NJ?
Looks like the Timeslips are from E-town...
Could be wrong though, pics are almost unreadable.

yaeh the slips are from NJ.

StrangeShadow
03-27-2003, 02:26 PM
woo I forgot about the evo8 gsr model, yeah I remember hearing about it coming state side, that'ld most likey be a moe comparible match.

icegrill
03-27-2003, 04:03 PM
Must be nice to have a dad who wants a car to keep up with his so he just buys it for you. :eek:

Mugen Power
03-27-2003, 04:33 PM
I'm pretty sure the Evos, regardless of trim level (i.e. RS and GSR), all have the electronic goodies and the same hp. The only difference between the RS and GSR is that the RS is pretty much stripped of luxurious amenities and I think has upgraded brakes and other things to make it even more suitable for racing. In other words, the USDM Evo is a watered down version, definitely NOT an RS.

ADMstunna
03-27-2003, 04:45 PM
our us spec evo 8 is very similar to the japspec evo7 RS. the rs doesnt come witht he electronic goodies and has a mechanical center diff, just like ours. the RS is also the version used when preparing the rally cars so it cant be that bad.....:)

RyteN2Ep3
03-27-2003, 04:57 PM
NICE ride.. i drop by the dealer this afternoon to see one myself.. wow.. shiet is nice!!! looks way better in person.. but they wouldn't let me test drive it unless i'm gonna buy it..:( price isn't that bad.. 30k i would think they would jack it a whole lot from the msrp.

95 GSR
03-28-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
I'm pretty sure the Evos, regardless of trim level (i.e. RS and GSR), all have the electronic goodies and the same hp. The only difference between the RS and GSR is that the RS is pretty much stripped of luxurious amenities and I think has upgraded brakes and other things to make it even more suitable for racing. In other words, the USDM Evo is a watered down version, definitely NOT an RS.
the RS is a basic model. the EVO GSR is liek the STI of subaru... (top model).... and no they ( rs and gsr) dont have the same HP or the same "electronis goodies". The GSR is lighter, has more hp, and its got electronic 4wd control ( like the skyline but not the same).....

i just thought that i should point out that the real comparison should be like this... wrx vs evo8 and sti vs evo8 GSR.

Silver7
03-28-2003, 12:23 AM
very interesting thread.. :)

did you put in NAAAAAAWWWWWWZZZZZ~!~ in ur car yet?

I wish i had a "daddy" who can buy me an evo8 (seriously.. :()

If i was you I would be driving it (to break that 600mile was it?) rather then trying to show off @ an si forums :) you probably would get the responds you can handle if you post @ EVO forums .

but I must say it is a damn nice car.. just not for the price its selling for now.

drive safely and enjoy your car :)

master7
03-28-2003, 08:01 AM
Yeah peoples- give the boy a hand job will ya and some of ya might as well:confused: him , , about his new ride , tell him nice car and you'll catch him on the streets for the family reunion. This is suppose to be the house of Si love, We suppose to be raising the roof about our EP;'s. - The motto is, if it aint SI .......go figure. us SI'ers dont hate we congralute, but in the SI house we the kings, so other car types , be humble or well have to get the knights in shinning armor, Thats the silver Eps to help ya evacuate. .... WHEN I SAY WHO"S HOUSE..YA"LL SAY SI"S HOUSE (RUN DMC STYLE :cool: )