PDA

View Full Version : Intake Idea

pocketrocket
03-23-2003, 09:53 PM
If I could, which I'll have to take a look, but would anyone be interested in one of these If I decieded to fab some up? I'd probably be using intercooler plumbing, not sure of what to use as far as the filter, probably some kind of universal K&N thing, and making a heatshield box. It would require you to relocate your battery, which you need to do anyways:D .. better weight bias.

But anyone interested?

-PR

NormalA
03-23-2003, 10:26 PM
Unless you can move the radiator hose down about 1" or 2" because is in the way for a straight pipe going from the throttle. and relocate the battery where the stock intake box is right now.

It can be done.

pocketrocket
03-23-2003, 11:45 PM
You can push the hose out of the way. There's room in there.

-PR

Suk02Si
03-24-2003, 03:13 AM
grassroots did that on their auto-x si

MoodySi
03-24-2003, 12:40 PM
I'd try to relocate the battery in the hatch. BTW, you guys think putting a heatshield around a short ram intake would help when things heat up under the hood? Thinking about making one for my k&n sri.

BlasTech
03-24-2003, 01:46 PM
Too much heat can shorten the battery life, or even cause it to rupture.

I'm looking into making one like neuspeed's:
http://neuspeed.com/data/images/65.20.63.jpg
but with a more resistent material (though galvanized 30 gague 24x36 sheets are available at home depot for $6.)

My only guesswork is where to feed the air in from .

pocketrocket
03-24-2003, 02:23 PM
Hasn't there been a thread on here stating that having a breather filter instead of routing the line back to the intake is no good? Just a thought.

-PR

pocketrocket
03-24-2003, 02:25 PM
Oh, also, Blas. You should just cut a hole in your hood.. with a few inches of dryer ducting coming out the hole for that Trans-Am Ram-Air effect. That would add at least 25 horse. But seriously, that hole there by the wheel well would seem like the easiest/most direct place to pick up some decent air.

-PR

2K2SilverSi
03-26-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by pocketrocket
If I could, which I'll have to take a look, but would anyone be interested in one of these If I decieded to fab some up? I'd probably be using intercooler plumbing, not sure of what to use as far as the filter, probably some kind of universal K&N thing, and making a heatshield box. It would require you to relocate your battery, which you need to do anyways:D .. better weight bias.

But anyone interested?

-PR
I was gonna do something similar to this but with a cold air intake setup similar to the injen design. Just get rid of the bends that it makes to go around the battery