PDA

View Full Version : were is the best place it buy PIAA SuperWhite Platinum?

siver-SI
03-23-2003, 10:16 PM
Ok I have been doing some shopping and looking for PIAA SuperWhite Platinum and I see a varity of prices from the over $100 range to the $60 range but I bet a search engine is not helping me find the best deal so I thought I would ask the ones who bought them for were they thought they got the best deal at.

Thanks,

Neal

wtfOO
03-24-2003, 05:18 PM
i bought my friend some superwhites and some super plasma gts for myself at www.optauto.com their prices are very good, i think, and shipping was very good. i like options auto.

siver-SI
03-25-2003, 07:07 PM
Thanks I looked and ordered from them. Even with paying for shipping they were the lowest around that I could find. I ordered them last night and they are all ready on there way to me tonight. I do not think I will get them till next week. O well with the extra weeked it will allow me to get some pictures to compare the new and the orginal lights.

Thanks for the link

wtfOO
03-25-2003, 08:34 PM
it will look great, on install, make sure the metal clip doesnt fall off, youll know what i mean when u see it. mine came off and i spent, seriously, like 30 min tryin to figure it out. then my friend walks over, unscrews the screw holding it in, puts it in, screws it back, and done!. if it doesnt fall off, install should take u 10 min max. very easy. have fun with them

SiR Medic
03-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Gee, I wonder what made you decide on the SuperWhites?;)

Good choice! Let us know how they turn out!

Remember to wear latex gloves while installing them so you don't accidently touch the glass.

siver-SI
03-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Thanks I was thinking today what would be the best thing to wear while installing them. So any latex glove would be good then right? I have to say I have never had to replace a halogin bulb in a car yet just for household use and they are very easy to hold with out touching the bulb so I never did wear anything even when I worked in a lighting store.

Thanks

BarracksSi
03-27-2003, 04:04 PM
Never thought of using latex gloves (non-lubricated! lol), but it makes sense. I'd think any other clean, dry glove would work fine, too.

Since it's so much more awkward installing a bulb in a headlight, and therefore more possible to get skin oils on the glass, it probably would be worth the effort to find some gloves to make the installation.

vtec24
04-10-2003, 08:07 PM
Ok, I see all kinds of bulbs on optsauto.....but which ones do I want. I know all the h4's will fit....but what are the differences between superwhite, plasma, plasma blue...etc? What do you guys recommend? I'm just looking for a decent set of lights that will give off a nice blue tint....a part number would be great if possible...thanks

Josh