PDA

View Full Version : Short Circuit

Pinoy84
03-23-2003, 11:59 PM
I installed a aftermarket head unit which needs its own power directly for the battery. I ran the power and ground to the battery. This left my power and ground lead from the stock plug exposed and they touched. Now my keyless entry does not work and my power lock dont function when the car is off. Did I just blow a fuse? If so exactly which one. I actually checked under the hood to check the door locks fuse and it looks fine. Should I take to honda?

dtexan
04-03-2003, 05:32 AM
Did you check the fuse box under the steering wheel?

Pinoy84
04-03-2003, 12:38 PM
No I haven't, where can I see what jumper does what? in the car manual?

dtexan
04-04-2003, 07:28 AM
When you lower the fuse box door it will tell you on there gives a diagram of what is what I believe off hand the stereo fuse is a brown 7.5amp

cmk05
04-11-2003, 10:15 AM
Anyone know what's up with Ally Sheedy nowadays?

smokincivic
04-15-2003, 02:35 PM
Your problem is with the fuse box under the hood in the upper right hand corner of your hood compartment. The fuse you blew is labeled "backup" (I think its fuse #10 but dont quote me on that) look in your manual towards the back of the book its all in there, just replace the fuse labled "backup" I had the exact same problem and that was the resolution

Pinoy84
04-15-2003, 03:21 PM
OMG, thank you so much. I new it just had to be a fuse somewhere.I took it to honda and they were going to charge me 80 dollars to fix it because they said it wasnt' under warrenty and its "probably" your fault. Where do I get replacment fuses now?

smokincivic
04-16-2003, 02:40 PM
I went to autozone but you can go anywhere where they service cars to get the fuses. They are extremly common

EDIT: the fuse cost me 35 cents but you do have a few spares that are labeled in the owner's manual but if I remember correctly they are not the amperage which is pretty important

Phase II
04-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Just wanted to say thanks SmokinCivic, I had the exact same problem only my power wire touched the chasis before I wrapped it up. You saved two people from an expensive trip to the stealership. You kick ass.