PDA

View Full Version : Alignment with coilovers.

CleanBlackSi02
08-01-2002, 02:52 PM
Since I got my coilovers on I haven't been able to get the alignment right. I'm aware that any drop can result in a little bit of a pull, but I never expected what I'm having now. I upped the pressure in my tires and made sure it was even side to side....that helped a bit, but it still pulls right. I was told by a friend that the only way to get the alignment perfect with coilovers is to calibrate the weight of the car on each wheel and adjust the ride height on the coilovers as necessary. Anyone else hear about this or have anything that would be helpful? NOTE: Stock shocks are way too bouncy with a 2.5-3 inch drop. I practically skip through corners.....time for new tires and some Koni's. Thanks for the input guys.

fishboy
08-01-2002, 03:33 PM
i had that problem of pulling and it would actually pull pretty hard, but after i got my rims and made sure it was even on both sides (i tried to do my best eyeing it, about 9 threads on each side in the front) it doesn't pull as hard anymore. it still pulls to the right, but very slight, to the point where it doesn't bother me. and the steering is as soft as it was when the car was all stock. hope this helps.