PDA

View Full Version : Rear seat removal

DynaSpeed
03-24-2003, 02:06 PM
Alright... I've read every thread on taking this out and worked on it for a few hours and still can't figure it out. I'm convinced that I'm doing something wrong. Even with the picture from the Helms manual.

Obviously, the seat bottom is just one easy bolt and it came right out. Now what? It seems like you can't get the Hinge Cover between the seats off to get to the bolts under it. Is there something before this step?

Lil' help over here...

BlasTech
03-24-2003, 02:39 PM
The hinge cover is held on with two (or three) plastic clip thingys. gently pry to find them, and you should be able to see better where you need to pull and what way. Just be careful not to break those clips!

Once that cover is off, you need to unscrew the bolts, take off the passenger rear seat, then be prepared to struggle with the drivers-side rear seat. It can be really tough.

i-WERKS
03-25-2003, 06:48 AM
pull the back of the seat (where the bolt was) up and towards you. once the seat is straight up. The hinge will unhook very easily. Hope you understand

DynaSpeed
03-25-2003, 10:46 AM
I got it...

I was pulling on the wrong hinge cover. I didn't even see the plastic cover on the back of the passenger rear seatback. I thought I had to pull the black plastic "hinge" cover covering the actual bolts that hold the hinge to both the seats.

Thanks