PDA

View Full Version : $kraps - Minot, North Dakota

$kraps
03-24-2003, 06:55 PM
02 EP - 17x7 Motegi Mr7's, Skunk2 Coilovers, PIAA Fog lights, JDM Emblems.....Let me know what ya think.

$kraps
03-24-2003, 06:57 PM
heres more

$kraps
03-24-2003, 07:00 PM
more....

SmoothOperator
03-24-2003, 07:00 PM
Wow you really slammed that car!! Looks good though!! Got any good pics of the emblems? Wanna know what to expect.

JLannoo
03-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Looks good.

My fiancee is from Watford City.

I drove from the Detroit area to Watford last July to visit her Mother. Once I hit North Dakota I did not see one Cop on the Freeway. Not one! niether coming or going. LOL :) I only saw a couple local cops in Towns etc.

Do you guys have State Troopers? I drove 105-110mph nearly clear across in my little del Sol.

Man Wisconsin on the other hand was loaded,like every five minutes.

RacingCivicSi02
03-24-2003, 09:49 PM
nice drop. clean car. good job

Suk02Si
03-24-2003, 09:54 PM
looks pretty good slammed:o

chubbychu
03-24-2003, 10:31 PM
oooooooo purdy! i was expecting the mr7s to look like crap on an ep but they look SUPER GOOD! man ive gotta do that... do you have clearance problems?

norcalSI
03-24-2003, 11:19 PM
do you have problems turning with the car so low?

2fastcivic
03-24-2003, 11:47 PM
how did you get your car so low? my brother has skunk2 coilovers on his rsx and its not even close to the drop u got. oh and hows the ride with it that low?

IceD out N CALI
03-25-2003, 12:04 AM
nice car, i like the low look on the ep:)

ssvr6
03-25-2003, 05:29 AM
Looking good! Welcome to the site!

Steve

$kraps
03-25-2003, 06:30 AM
Thanks everybody for the comments..its appreciated. Yeah the North Dakota roads are pretty cop free but very rough and full of potholes...im from Va originally im in the air force up here so i cant wait for the drive home in my ep!! And yes I do have clearance problems...a lot of fender well rubbing and quite a bit of a problem with my coilovers bottoming out....i was attempting to raise the front a up a lil this past weekend and come to find out when i had the coilovers installed the shop that did it must've cross threaded the threads on the sleeves so i cant go up any more....but Showstoppers and skunk2 were awesome my new sleeves should arrive this wednesday or thursday...And thanks again for the good comments.

todaCspec
03-25-2003, 07:06 AM
If anybody is interested in those PIAA foglights, I do have them for sale. Price is $130 shipped. Comes w/switch,realy, and wiring. Direct plug and play.

CleanBlackSi02
03-25-2003, 09:12 AM
Finally...somebody that knows how to drop a car. I like 'em lower in the front too. How much do you think it's dropped and what size tires do you have?

bigcase
03-25-2003, 09:37 AM
you know you could probably keep it like that if you wanted. you would have to roll the fenders though and that could get ugly. but man, i love the way you have the stance set up. it rides alot different than it did when it was stock huh. i miss my stock ride, but it just dont get the looks like a slammed one does.

$kraps
03-25-2003, 01:30 PM
I'd say it's probably about a 3 inch drop, the rear coilovers are dropped all the way and i still have about an inch farther to go in the front...wouldnt be able to drive it but it would look bad ass. I also thought about rollin the fenders but like ya said it probably could get a lil' messy any tips? unfortunatly im gonna raise it up to bring some of the clearance problems to a minimum...but hopefully ill only have to go up about a 1/4 in. in the front..also the PIAA fog installation was a snap only thing that was a pain in my ass was cutting out the grill i had to buy a dremel to do it but all in all it wasnt that bad..

$kraps
03-25-2003, 01:31 PM
All by the way my tires are 215/40/17.

golferjn
03-25-2003, 01:43 PM
nice car. nice pics

bigcase
03-25-2003, 01:51 PM
im runnin the same size tires you got and i only have a 2" drop (progress). i havent run into any clearance issues but man am i getting some bottoming out. shit sounds like a huge hammer hitting the roof of the fender well. your rig looks good like it is but i cant see how it could be good to ride around like that everyday. raising it back up seems like the logical alternative cuz otherwise (by otherwise, i mean rolling the fenders) youd be spending some heavy duty chedda. plus its not really worth it unless youre running airbags or something and thats bunk. i gotta replace bumpstops in mine cuz i think they are split. hell, screw it. id rather ride around lowered than look like a four by four. yerd me.

CivicSiR
03-25-2003, 06:50 PM
Great looking ride homie.

Check it out. I did very similar things to my ride (our rims are almost the same even). I have ground control coilovers over some koni yellows. But check it out--I too dropped the car about 3 inches when I first installed everything just for the hell of it. I didn't have clearance problems--but I bottomed out my shocks like a MOFO. Since then, I raised it back up so that it's about a 2 inch or 2.25 inch drop. When I installed the ground controls and konis, the GCs sat on the LOWEST perch on the konis... so I had to redo the suspension--but I only redid it in the rear. Now I can go up another inch or so, and down a billion inches. I'd highly recommend what I did to mine--but most of all, make sure you're not damaging your suspension and other components... By the way, here's my ride www.bretgorden.com/civicsi.html

cease
03-25-2003, 07:40 PM
i like your drop

SiNi$t3R
03-25-2003, 09:12 PM
I like it man! good job

EP3Hatch
03-26-2003, 10:46 AM
I put the skunk2's on my car as well but the front is no where near as low as yours. I wanted the front end lower but the shop said that if i went any lower I would be riding on the bump stops. I thought that I might have gotten the wrong kit but I called skunk 2 and showstoppers and they both said that I got the right kit. This sucks, i wish mine was that low in the front. I've got the rears all the way down. Do you remember what the package said on it when you got the coilovers? Mine said it was for the 01+ civic coupe or 02+ RSX. Oh well, your car looks great. Keep up the good work.

whtep19
03-26-2003, 05:28 PM
Your car looks hoT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$kraps
03-27-2003, 07:37 PM
Thanks man...yeah my skunk 2 box said 02+ civic si....thats weird the shop that installed mine said that it would go another inch but wouldnt be driveable....i think i might lower it all the way this summer just for some pics...ha

ep88
03-27-2003, 10:03 PM
:p nice ride :p