PDA

View Full Version : I'm pissed

dustinhurley
08-01-2002, 04:06 PM
I got my wheels (18" C3) today and went home to put them on. I got 3 on fine, then when I got to the last wheel, 3 of the lugs are stripped out. Therefore, I can't put lug nuts on them. Therefore, I can't drive my car, AT ALL. The shop who lowered the car must have forced these 3 lug nuts on with an impact wrench and stripped them out. Now I have to get new pins installed before I can drive. FUN!!!

SpeedRacer
08-01-2002, 04:17 PM
*** that sucks

iR-VTEC2
08-01-2002, 05:00 PM
that ****in sucks man. : /

stingyboy
08-01-2002, 05:38 PM
18" wheels :eek:

SmoothOperator
08-01-2002, 05:39 PM
Yikes. Sorry to hear that bro. What kind of wheels???

CleanBlackSi02
08-01-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
Yikes. Sorry to hear that bro. What kind of wheels???

C3's. ;)

JSIR
08-01-2002, 06:06 PM
nothing pisses me off more than an installation shop that has no knowledge or ownership of a freakin torque wrench, drives me absolutely nuts. I own four torque wrenches myself and many of these shops refuse to own or use them. Go after the bastards for the repair costs, they could have warped your rotors as well you know. pricks. :mad:

02SilverSiHB
08-01-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
I got my wheels (18" C3) today and went home to put them on. I got 3 on fine, then when I got to the last wheel, 3 of the lugs are stripped out. Therefore, I can't put lug nuts on them. Therefore, I can't drive my car, AT ALL. The shop who lowered the car must have forced these 3 lug nuts on with an impact wrench and stripped them out. Now I have to get new pins installed before I can drive. FUN!!!
let me guess, the shop says they didn't have anything to do with it! :mad:

RacingCivicSi02
08-01-2002, 09:16 PM
damn that sucks. But when u get it on i wanna see pics.

HondaMan
08-01-2002, 09:19 PM
OMG! That blows! :mad:

dustinhurley
08-01-2002, 09:27 PM
I haven't talked to the shop yet. I have to make a thousand calls tomorrow to get this resolved. Hopefully I'm still mad in the morning so I can bitch some people out and get my shit done ASAP. I'll post pics when I can.

2k2civicSi
08-02-2002, 12:12 AM
that sucks dude post pics when you get this shit takin care of

i-WERKS
08-02-2002, 06:05 AM
sorry to hear that man.

dustinhurley
08-02-2002, 02:59 PM
OK. I got this figured out. I put the stock wheels on, and had the car towed on a flat bed truck to my dealer. They're gonna hook me up and write this off under warrenty, so I won't have to pay that. But, the tow cost was $3 a mile, for a 30 some mile trip. So, I called the shop that ruined the lugs and they said they would pay whatever. So, it all works out in the end. I'm still without a car untill Monday, but I can live with that.

dannysi
08-02-2002, 04:30 PM
Hey at least you lucked out with that. I am dying to see the pics with the 18" C3's on your car. I want the C2's for mine in 18" also.

dustinhurley
08-02-2002, 06:00 PM
WELL....get this. The dealer called me back and said they have to replace all 16 wheel studs. AND I have 2 broken bearings and a possible bent rotor. $950 and cannot be covered under warranty. The people that lowered my car fucked something up bad. I don't know what they, or I, could have done in the 6 weeks I've had this car to cause this much damage. If any of you know anything about this, please help. Also, I don't think the shop who put my springs on has $950 to fork over to fix my car.

cleanblack2002
08-04-2002, 08:24 AM
Thats pretty crappy......sorry to hear about that :(

MagusDC5
08-04-2002, 09:05 AM
thats why you do stuff yourself, its free...buy a helms..whats the fun of modding your car if you pay someone else to do it, and screw it up at that..

02TafWhtSi
08-04-2002, 07:23 PM
Yeah - I had a problem just like this with my 00' Civic Ex. I had a shop install a set of Tokico struts and in the process they ripped the right cv boot. After 3 weeks the inside of my wheel was COVERED in axle grease - not cool at all. Took it to Honda to get repaired and of course it wasn't covered. The bastards at the first shop didn't want to fix it themselves OR pay Honda for the work. I then decided to dispute the charge on my credit card for the work they had done and finally got the credit! I don't know if you paid my credit card but most disputes of charges are won if you can present the necessary paper work. PM me if you want any further advice:)

dustinhurley
08-14-2002, 03:59 PM
OK, I got my car back a couple days ago. I haven't had internet access though. The bill came to $981. Im all fixed up now though and the wheels look great. Now I just have to make that shop pay this bill.

1stockEP
08-14-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by MagusDC5
thats why you do stuff yourself, its free...buy a helms..whats the fun of modding your car if you pay someone else to do it, and screw it up at that..

Thats my motto. If I dont do the work, I wait until I can afford to have someone I trust do it. Ive been burned in the past by dipshits who dont put their all into the work they do. If I let someone else work on my car, I make sure they have the same work ethic I have- which usually puts a dent in my wallet.

Dont get mad over a $90 towing charge, its one of those learning experiences. We've all had them (and will continue to), and I wont embarass myself by telling any of mine.