PDA

View Full Version : Help - Aftermarket Pedals

twiztidsals
03-25-2003, 11:55 AM
Hey All,

I saw a set of pedals on ebay that i liked so i bought them. I wasn't sure how they would install, they have holes for 4 screws (the item didn't have much description). Of course, our pedals don't have any holes in them. Does anyone know if removing the pedals is easy (not the rubber covers, i mean the whole pedal)? Rather than frig something up with a hand drill, I'd like to do it right with a drill press. Thanks.

SiR Medic
03-25-2003, 03:51 PM
Did they not come with the mounting brackets?

Usually there are strips of metal that screw into those holes and wrap around the back of your existing pedal.

If you did not get these, I would e-mail the seller and ask him to send them to you. Also, ask for instructions if possible.

twiztidsals
03-25-2003, 04:12 PM
Thanks SiR Medic. No they did not come with mounting brackets. All it came with was some bolts, nuts, and washers. The package was sealed, with instructions on the back in bad english (it was hilarious!!). They were only $15 so i may just cut my losses and order ones that are a little better description.

siver-SI
03-25-2003, 07:26 PM
Have to tryed the website of the company that makes the pedals? I have found out that some times they have better updated infromation there then on the package they come in. Also what kind of pedals are they maybe some one has this type and can help you out better.

SiR Medic
03-25-2003, 09:03 PM
What type of pedals are they anyway?

Some pedal DO bolt right into the stock pedals (ie. sparco)

These do require drilling.:(

If you post some pic you might get a better answer!

twiztidsals
03-26-2003, 05:26 AM
Hey Guys,

These are the ones i bought - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2408497238&category=33700
i didn't buy them because of the type r logo, i love the anodized blue color, and since my si is blue, it would look really cool IMO.
I couldn't even find a name on the package, like i said it was in bad english. I think i threw the outer box away (DOH!)