PDA

View Full Version : mobile video

$kraps
03-25-2003, 01:50 PM
I was wanting to install a stand alone monitor on the right side of my head unit on my dash and a dvd player in the glove box ..I was curious to know what else I would need to hook it up to my stock head unit besides the monitor and dvd player? Also when I replace my head unit which should be before too long what should I look for so its compatible with my dvd and monitor? Any help would be appreciated..Thanks.

importhonda
03-25-2003, 04:40 PM
You can FM modulate the whole system so it works on your stock or aftermarket radio. THe video will run independantly of your stereo and the sound will be patched in when you turn a switch on. It uses a FM radio frequency to brodcast ;)

$kraps
03-25-2003, 06:44 PM
Thanks man i see now what your sayin....so when i buy my aftermarket head unit will i have to look to make sure it has extra rca cables or audio video outlets to get rid of the fm modulator so i can run it directly thru my head unit.....im not sure if im makin sense but thanks in advance.

importhonda
03-26-2003, 02:12 AM
yah, if your CD player has an aux input you can connect your dvd player to that, if not, just use the fm mod again

$kraps
03-28-2003, 10:29 AM
Ok man thanks for the info.