PDA

View Full Version : thoughts about the Hyundai rental car

grooveline
03-25-2003, 03:31 PM
I mena, i know its a hyundai, but the Sonata is pretty impressive. fairly roomy inside, they could have made the dash and console a little more driver friendly. its has sport shift, but the engine is too weak to really enjoy it. however, the brakes on this thing are to marvel at. they grip like the better of the UK sedans. overall, i rate the ride a 7-7.3

but i still miss my EP. but its nice every once in a while to drive an auto for a bit. it makes you realize how much of a driver car our EP is. sometimes i catch myself saying, "see, an auto isn't that bad". yeah, and then i say... hmmph, who am i fooling? the EP oWn3s all!

IceD out N CALI
03-25-2003, 03:38 PM
i drove a new sonata briefly too, they're not too shabby, but since hyundai has a really bad reputation with reliablity i wouldnt buy one till they are 'proven' like honda, or toyota imo:)

1abSi
03-25-2003, 10:03 PM
hahah i got a ford escape right now as my rental and let me just tell you that thing HAULS!!!!! peels out sooooooooo much it's awesome

VegasEP
03-25-2003, 10:18 PM
LOL, You guys aint got nothing on me! I'm in St. Louis right now for work and I got a friggin Buick Century brown with tan interior for a rental! This thing feels like a battle tank for old people. I really do feel like i'm 75. It's funny when people see me driving around that Buick bumpin hip-hop. Can't wait to get back in my EP and ill never be sure to rent from AVIS again. I do enjoy the new car smell in the rental though.

Chris

DynaSpeed
03-26-2003, 06:40 AM
Rental cars are so fun...

:)

02NITEHAWKSi EP
03-26-2003, 09:09 AM
HA HA HA!

My friends an I went to the track one day and one of my other friends car was in the shop. He was pimping his mom's Buick Century. He just had to do it! He ran it on the 1/4 and ran a 16.2! We were like wow!! Thats fast for a granny car. When he took off the line the rear end droped like 2 feet straight down. (((humm maybe a little suspession work and I could run low 15's he he)))) I know Caddy's can be fast but a Buick (not Grand National or Regal). I accidentally slipped and told his mom how fast her car was. Opps :confused: Man did he get mad at me he he he.