PDA

View Full Version : Would u guys laugh if i bought these rims?!?!?

Chrisbgft
03-25-2003, 03:40 PM
i was on wheelmax.com and saw these rims that were called Excel Race. They look just like the Spoons, but instead they say "SPOOM"..lol. I might get them and then just take off the sticker. i love the silver. what do u guys think?

RiceCzechs
03-25-2003, 04:05 PM
These?

http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/exel/race.gif

I wouldn't laugh at you for getting them if you like 'em so much, though the Spoom thing is pretty weak (hopefully it is easily removable - but I'd check first!!). I'm not a fan of the wheels, truth be told, though I kinda like these for my black EP... ;)

http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/exel/tz10gm-ip.gif

BSEVEER
03-25-2003, 04:20 PM
I think that Exel 10 spoke wheel looks great. I'm also interested in silver ones for my silver ep.

KickerSi
03-25-2003, 04:24 PM
I like both of those rims. I like the way they say spom b/c you could just take off the m and put an n. I know its a cheap way out but hey, ricers wont know the diff. How much do those suckers weigh?

TravisEP3
03-25-2003, 04:30 PM
I would just change the m to make an n. Just cut off the second hump. Probably wouldnt hurt to cover the center cap too. Just my 2 cents but I think they look pretty good. I would go with the 5 spoke probably if it were my car but that's me. :D

Mugen Power
03-25-2003, 04:53 PM
Why not get the silver Rota Slipstreams instead? They're somewhat more respectable :D

(Not flaming anyone who has these or the Rotas, just not for me. :) )

ortedd
03-25-2003, 04:54 PM
i would leave the spoom, i think it's funny

esmith13
03-25-2003, 04:55 PM
Becareful with the Exel 7 & 10 spoke wheels!!!

I bought the GT-7 style that looks just the the 10 spoke pictured here...

The spokes stick out past the rim and tire by about 1/2"-3/4".

They are VERY easy to f**k up. It didn't look it to me in the pic when I ordered them, so I thought I'd let you guys know incase any of you have to park next to curbs everywhere like I do...

...And no, I'm not an idiot who can't park :D

I slid on ice this winter right into a curb... And to any one who wondered, Anthracite GunMetal coating chips off VERY easily during curbing.

Instead of a scratch, a whole chunk of coating came off :'(

Eric.

icegrill
03-25-2003, 05:12 PM
No, I'd probably say "what a waste of money on 23lb rims" then go on with life.

BlackFL2k2Si
03-25-2003, 05:16 PM
Depending on the weight and price, I would say just to get some Rotas :D

Brettnyt
03-25-2003, 07:44 PM
Them excel 10 spokes remind me of those new arospeeds... I think they look tizight!

raiyo
03-25-2003, 08:24 PM
I like the design of the rims, nice and plain. doesn't draw much attention to the car. if the price and weight is good then i'd go for it, but i rather go with rotas. cheap and low fat. :D