PDA

View Full Version : Just Finished My Paint Job

Flamed2k2si
03-25-2003, 08:07 PM
Just got my car out of the shop figured I would post some pics what yall think?

Flamed2k2si
03-25-2003, 08:08 PM
side

SmoothOperator
03-25-2003, 08:09 PM
You're gonna get flamed alright. btw where's the buddy club front end?!

ek9jdmhb
03-25-2003, 08:13 PM
damn!!! thats real nice... NOT!!! You dont deserve a honda.

Mugen_EP
03-25-2003, 08:18 PM
I would go to your insurance company and tell them your car got vandalized.

thaipinoy1
03-25-2003, 08:18 PM
Please wake me up from this dream....are those apc tailights sticking out of the back also??:eek:

SubliminalSi
03-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Its a good paint job. I looks really clean but yeah..it goes good with your name if you know what i mean

SiR Medic
03-25-2003, 08:56 PM
You know what...?

I kinda like it!

It's not super loud, very well painted, and I really like how it combines the two stock colors.

But then again, I'm a sucker for flames!:)

Those APC altezzas ARE horrible though.

What else are you planning to do, anything? Something tells me this car could look truly outrageous by the time you are done.;)

ek9jdmhb
03-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by thaipinoy1
Please wake me up from this dream....are those apc tailights sticking out of the back also??:eek:
ya damn right those are apc lights! It even says so:) All he needs now is the squirter lights, some neon lights on the side of his car, a guy peing on a ford sign, and a backwards baseball cap on his head to be officially in the rice boy club.

DownTheHatch
03-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Wow its amazing how perfect all those flames are, whoever did them knew what they were doing, almost looks like its a decal or something. Obviously you have different tastes then most people on this forum, but I'll give you props for expressing yourself.

IceD out N CALI
03-25-2003, 09:39 PM
:eek: oh boy. not something i would have done, to put it lightly. good paint job but not my style:o

03hatch
03-25-2003, 09:42 PM
OH my!

Makross
03-25-2003, 09:45 PM
my my my my my.. is it cool to spell words incorrectly or something? flamed!

Flamed2k2si
03-25-2003, 10:38 PM
Actually I have just gotten started with this car I know im probably gonna piss off every other ep owner but i guarantee that I will have to WILDEST ep around. I plan on making those apc lights somewhat tollerable by painting them silver to match the car as well as im painting the wiper cowl, side mirror trim, rear wiper, and I am installing the new wings west topdeck wing with led, I decided to go with 18 inch crome wheels, and did I forget to mention that all the interior is being removed to be painted and flamed and last but not least I have a friend helping me to design and fabricate and air ride system so that I can air ride the car and lay it completly on the ground. I am attempting to have all of this done by July for texas heat wave car show in austin. And by the way im trying to go the furthest thing from rice im actually going for the whole mini trucker look. So if you like my car thanks if not lets see what your workin with.

cease
03-25-2003, 10:47 PM
why flame it vivid blue? :confused:

SmoothOperator
03-25-2003, 10:48 PM
Dude, where's the buddy club front bumper? Why didnt' you put that on THEN paint it?

Flamed2k2si
03-25-2003, 10:53 PM
Well lets just say I got the buddy club bumper and it didnt look right sitting in front of my car so i said forget it and just got a good ole stock bumper and put it on. Also i was gonna ask if anyone knows if they make a steering wheel adapter for our car yet i have a BADASS flamed billet specialties steering wheel i wanna put on. They need some billet front grills too. As far as the blue I loved the color. I just couldnt see doing red which in turn is making my car into a huge pain in the ass cuz i have to have all the red stiching in the seats pulled out and redone blue. OH well it will look pimp when its all done.

norcalSI
03-25-2003, 11:03 PM
hella gay...IMO i don't like it...but i like the fact you did it...its orginal....Good JOb

SHAKEnBAKE
03-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Good job, really they are very skillfully done.
Too bad not my cup o' tea.But, if i was still riding my bike, I would flame it.

bmx269
03-27-2003, 12:17 AM
I think it looks good and shows originality regarding this car so far, as it is still new as a tuned show car. keep it up.

chubbychu
03-27-2003, 01:08 AM
if you are still taking opinions/ comments

heres mine.....
i think you are very original and i think you are cool for sticking up for yourself....my personal preference is that i HATE HATE HATE the repetitive/roundness of "california" flames. I would rather go with a more polygonal "flame" or decoration, if i were going with a custom job. I LOVE CLEAN cars. so thats just me. but good job and forget what all these other people say!

Suk02Si
03-27-2003, 02:39 AM
:eek:

the monkey says it all

RacingCivicSi02
03-28-2003, 11:18 PM
im gonna keep the comments to myself.

BlasTech
03-29-2003, 12:13 PM
ummm, technically, you get better hp from lightning bolts, but if you prefer flames, more power to ya.

:D

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-29-2003, 01:35 PM
if youre going for the "mini trucker" look, why did you get a civic?

Toy2Si
03-29-2003, 02:07 PM
hmm...what else are planning to do to your car? well be cool if you go with low rider look...

CaptainMurphy
04-01-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Flamed2k2si
all the interior is being removed to be painted and flamed

Please don't do anything to wild to the seats, they're much too beautiful as it is.

Well, you did a good job, but it just stands out too much for my tastes. And good luck with the show.

icegrill
04-02-2003, 12:31 AM
At least you don't have to worry about people stealing it. :D

sorry couldn't resist, flames look good as far as flames go, just not on a honda.......or any present day car for that matter.

CaptainMurphy
04-02-2003, 09:35 PM
Well lets just say I got the buddy club bumper and it didnt look right sitting in front of my car so i said forget it and just got a good ole stock bumper and put it on. Also i was gonna ask if anyone knows if they make a steering wheel adapter for our car yet i have a BADASS flamed billet specialties steering wheel i wanna put on. They need some billet front grills too. As far as the blue I loved the color. I just couldnt see doing red which in turn is making my car into a huge pain in the ass cuz i have to have all the red stiching in the seats pulled out and redone blue. OH well it will look pimp when its all done.

Hey, if you're going to replace your steering wheel, I'll buy your stock one for a decent price, if its still in good condition. Mine got a scratch in the leather like the third day I had it, or it might have come with it, I didn't notice, but its been bugging the hell out of me.

BlackJDMep
04-05-2003, 11:13 AM
:( :o :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :confused: :'(

JDMEP3
04-05-2003, 11:19 AM
You have got some guts......:eek: but I am not dissin' or anything.

Pradamuimui
04-05-2003, 12:59 PM
Your a flame alright. A FLAMING HOMO that is. Why did you spend lots of money to make ur car look like shit. You just spent a couple of thousand dollars that you could have spent on PERFORMANCE MODS!!! LOSER:rolleyes:

StrangeShadow
04-06-2003, 12:57 AM
umm... if it's your thing, (never mind everyone else has done it already=not original) not my style, but if it fits you enjoy cause you'll be driving it.

Flamed2k2si
04-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Pradamuimui
Your a flame alright. A FLAMING HOMO that is. Why did you spend lots of money to make ur car look like shit. You just spent a couple of thousand dollars that you could have spent on PERFORMANCE MODS!!! LOSER:rolleyes:

Actually man i would really love to see what kind of shit you have done to your car. I know that my car looks good and if you dont like it well personally i think that you can just eat my ass. Im working on my car in stages and "PERFORMANCE MODS" dont win shows. Im tryin to win a few shows with this car then get a deal or sponsorship on my performance stuff while you spend thousands of dollars on it and still have a stock looking car sorry junior that your jealous your car cant look this good.

chubbychu
04-06-2003, 01:46 AM
hey, how are those sportlines working out for ya?

CleanBlackSi02
04-06-2003, 08:42 AM
...some things are better left stock.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-06-2003, 09:01 AM
plan on winning alot of shows w/ stock rims?

:o

Flamed2k2si
04-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
plan on winning alot of shows w/ stock rims?

actually i ordered these friday they will be here wed or thursday im sure no one will like them but oh well

Flamed2k2si
04-06-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
hey, how are those sportlines working out for ya?

sportlines are working great i love the ride quality and everything and 18s will still fit so its a definate good investment.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-06-2003, 05:06 PM
bling bling

:cool:

Pradamuimui
04-06-2003, 07:46 PM

Actually man i would really love to see what kind of shit you have done to your car. I know that my car looks good and if you dont like it well personally i think that you can just eat my ass. Im working on my car in stages and "PERFORMANCE MODS" dont win shows. Im tryin to win a few shows with this car then get a deal or sponsorship on my performance stuff while you spend thousands of dollars on it and still have a stock looking car sorry junior that your jealous your car cant look this good.

Well what shows are you planning on winning? Obviously the only car shows that you are planning on winning is the ones sponsored by APC. As far as eating your ass go's, I will with a wooden spoon!!! :D :p :confused:

StrangeShadow
04-07-2003, 05:29 AM
bling bling
ditto, pretty bling there. post some pics once they're on the car, i'm curious what they would look like when aplied. :cool:

SinisterCivicSi
04-07-2003, 06:56 PM
lets play nice kiddies.....we all have our own style.....lets respect that ok?

chubbychu
04-07-2003, 07:08 PM
yea flamed....Im pretty much set on the sportlines....so...thanks!

padelong si
04-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Hey flamed.
Nice paint job . thumbs up for trying something different. I almost thought about having this done to my car when I first bought it.I was going to leave my car black and have the blue flames but i changed my mind.To much attention = cop magnet.
Great job on you custom.;)

stephen
04-10-2003, 05:45 AM
props. custom flames look a hell of a lot cooler than an ugly ass carbon fiber hood that doesn't match the rest of the ride.

StrangeShadow
04-10-2003, 11:16 PM

Mugen_EP
04-12-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by stephen
props. custom flames look a hell of a lot cooler than an ugly ass carbon fiber hood that doesn't match the rest of the ride.

:rolleyes: Ummm......NO!

Flamed2k2si
04-13-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP

:rolleyes: Ummm......NO!

actually i think carbon fiber hoods look like shit on cars

CgSi
04-13-2003, 05:30 PM

actually i ordered these friday they will be here wed or thursday im sure no one will like them but oh well

I hope you got them in 4 lug......................

Mugen_EP
04-13-2003, 06:03 PM

actually i think carbon fiber hoods look like shit on cars

At least Carbon Fiber hoods serve a purpose and you always have the option of painting it anyway. It sounds like you have a F & F ride.

StrangeShadow
04-13-2003, 06:42 PM
At least Carbon Fiber hoods serve a purpose and you always have the option of painting it anyway. It sounds like you have a F & F ride.
lmao looks like it too.
Did you know that they disabled the AWD on the gtr so they could get the f&f 2 car to drift WTF?!! I have seen AWD gtr' drift with-out disabling the awd,
I think our ep owner flame here is just the type of guy who does that...
ex: there are a few guys in my area who have put 5k-10k into their car' (all show stuff) and still can't take on a stock ep, I was nice enough to show them that when I first bought my ep....
think flame is one of those kind of guy' who would rather have a low-rider style, slow as a snail car that doesn't appeal to man ppls eyes.

Flamed2k2si
04-13-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow

lmao looks like it too.
Did you know that they disabled the AWD on the gtr so they could get the f&f 2 car to drift WTF?!! I have seen AWD gtr' drift with-out disabling the awd,
I think our ep owner flame here is just the type of guy who does that...
ex: there are a few guys in my area who have put 5k-10k into their car' (all show stuff) and still can't take on a stock ep, I was nice enough to show them that when I first bought my ep....
think flame is one of those kind of guy' who would rather have a low-rider style, slow as a snail car that doesn't appeal to man ppls eyes.

when i finally get around to doing some motor work i will probably just drop a turbo or super charger under the hood i dont actually have to have a fast car at this point in time im more concerned with the looks if i want fast ill just ride my gsxr so for now im ok with the looks deal

Flamed2k2si
04-13-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by CgSi

I hope you got them in 4 lug......................

yup got them in 4 lug they just didnt have a picture

StrangeShadow
04-14-2003, 01:23 AM
when i finally get around to doing some motor work i will probably just drop a turbo or super charger under the hood i dont actually have to have a fast car at this point in time im more concerned with the looks if i want fast ill just ride my gsxr so for now im ok with the looks deal
cool, something I have taken into consideration myself, considering I would like to drop k20a2 or dc5r, however my current engine runs fine, therefore, I'll probably work on the suspension, body, interrior and exterrior while I build up miles on the engine, then after a desent amount or wear and tear go for a swap =)

midas
04-14-2003, 04:09 PM
no way i am going to put you down..i'm sure your car is going to be nuts when your done. but shouldnt the paint come last? you just couldnt wait huh?

a couple requests:
-please post more pics as you progress
-please tell us the name you have for it (come on dont be shy;) )
-and please tell us how much money your spending along the way

keep on keeping on

m i d a s

StrangeShadow
04-14-2003, 11:54 PM
ps post pics w/the wheels on the car asap:)

Mad02Si
04-15-2003, 05:28 PM
I think it looks badass, except for those tail lights. I respect the fact that people have different taste, it's all good. Only thing I think is kindy tacky is those tail lights (yuk) other than that I think it will look really good with those rims. Keep it up. :)

SiNi$t3R
04-15-2003, 06:56 PM
well at least ur 1 with balls.

mental
04-16-2003, 07:10 AM
ONCE AGAIN, not my car so not my call... but WHAT THE FUCK!!! as some one posted before me YOU DO NOT DESERVE A HONDA!!! drive that car off a cliff before too many more people see it and make sure it blows up then go buy a 1960 something mustang or camaro and then you can put flames on it!

jazzyla
04-16-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by ek9jdmhb
damn!!! thats real nice... NOT!!! You dont deserve a honda.

:( :( That is DEFINATELY NOT a nice thing to say at all it's all
about personal taste and if what they do reflects on how they like their car or how the like themselves.

Therefore if the paint job matches the personality or style of the driver it's a great thing - and personally for myself i don't think i would paint flames on the side of my car but if the driver likes it that is all that counts IT IS NOT YOUR CAR IT IS THEIRS!!!

For all of you that can't repect other peoples likes and dislikes and decide to tell someone their car looks like shit or doesn't look good you definately have a problem!!

All you who are knocking the car are knocking the driver
and if you if think someone that is modding their car to individualize it (like most Honda drivers do) is crap then that makes all the mod's or lack of mod's in your car look like SHIT TOO!

Sorry but in my personal opinion all you who are knocking down (severely) should all kick themselves in the ass.

Just a thought to remember:
Honda drivers usually personalize their cars and if that cannot be respected by what they choose then YOU do not deserve to drive a HONDA! :eek:

Tenacious G
04-16-2003, 12:39 PM
it never fails to amaze me the amount of ignorance displayed by some people. this "holier-than-thou" attitude is out of control.

OK, so the flames aren't the type of "mod" some people would do. thats fine, and so is the fact you think it looks bad.

but to sit there and say this person "doesn't deserve to drive a Honda"??? WTF is that supposed to mean? cut the guy some slack. it's his car, not yours. so quit passing judgement on others simply because their personal style doesn't mesh with yours.

btw, Flamed2k2Si, for a show car, i think your EP is looking good. if i ever get around to seeing if we can schedule a Houston meet, i'd love to see it.
:D

midas
04-16-2003, 01:51 PM
i concur tenecious G--enough of the hatin'. guess i was lucky enough to learn about "constructive criticism" at an early age in school.

it seems to me he is obviously on the show car tip and more props to him if it's a daily driver as well.

keep us posted and for the rest (angry folks) > please just turn the channel:confused: .

-midas

SinisterCivicSi
04-16-2003, 07:37 PM
can we get a moderator in here???? there is enough hate in this thread to choke a nation. all you haters, get off dudes ass, maybe your just a little jealous cause you dont have the balls to be origional and do your own thing....you all talk alot of stuff....lets see what YOU have done? or can you not take a little criticizm like you enjoy tryin to dish out.

mental
04-17-2003, 08:15 AM
well i personally dont have a real stable job so when i do get stuff i make sure its the best!!!! and i dont mean just cuz people say its the best i mean cuz it look,performs, and is reliable! my mods include... hks intake, falken azenis tires, rear strutbar(made by ME!) and now i need a front strutbar so i will prolly do it my self and make sure it attaches to the fire wall! but what i was saying is people seem to forget the whole thing about building up a car performance wise! not even like speed just putting shit on that works as well as it looks! function befor fashion! and well that paintjob aint even a good fashion statement!!! thats all i meant! now i stepped up and said what i said becuase i think people are misunderstanding me... now who want to step up and explain them selves!!!! i was not hateing cuz like i said "not my car so not my call!!!" i am just saying not my style i dont like it and i personally wouldnt doit! thats all, ohh and IMO any one that does that to any car doesnt deserve that car whatever it is!!! FLAMES are so 1960s know what i mean!

JoshSI
04-17-2003, 09:07 AM
Hey if i was going for a car show kind of look i think your car looks dope! Besides the APC tails. The paintjob looks clean you should get a kit though for sure! If you really wanted to be hardcore get the widebody!

Im more into JDM style and from the look of the replies from this thread it looks like most of ephatch is too! Which makes me happy but.....you cant hate on the show cars they are doing their thing we are doing ours!!!

PROPS MAN!!!!:)

StrangeShadow
04-17-2003, 11:02 AM
ditto man, go wide body kit if you wanna really turn heads as a show car, the wheels would prb. look great with a wide body kit anyways :)

Flamed2k2si
04-17-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
ditto man, go wide body kit if you wanna really turn heads as a show car, the wheels would prb. look great with a wide body kit anyways :)

Actually man as far as a body kit goes im gonna have everyone shitting themselves i guarantee ill have the only one well lets just say the first one i found a local manufacture not a really big manufacture they mostly make knock off type r and jdm kits that will make a custom kit i have had my car measured now we are working on desiging it im not going to post any pictures till the kit is totally done from the vendor but as far as it goes my car will have the first one btw this car is my everyday driver. im not sure what exactly im gonna do but i know it will be a lil on the crazy side not much for jdm look or the buddy club maybe something along the lines of the wide body but i just wanna have the first.

Papa Bear
04-17-2003, 10:30 PM
Good to see someone not caring what others think. The whole point of customizing your car is to reflect ones personality. Some people might think an ep with a carbon fibre hood and spoon mirrors with 17" flat black wheels looks like a car that was just salvaged from a fire while others might see flames and 18" chrome 5 spokes and say "wicked". The point is... different strokes for different folks. If you don't care for someones' taste you could at least be tactful and respectful in stating your opinons/preferences. At least his ride won't be mistaken for anyone else's.

SinisterCivicSi
04-18-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Papa Bear
Good to see someone not caring what others think. The whole point of customizing your car is to reflect ones personality... The point is... different strokes for different folks. If you don't care for someones' taste you could at least be tactful and respectful in stating your opinons/preferences...

exactly......but obviously some people in this group dont have tact or know that being different is a beautiful thing.....guess they wanna all follow the flock....boring!
flamed, you do the damn thang! you have personality and flare, and even though not everyone digs it, not everyone is but you got your own style and the balls to show it and not care what these kids think. thats what wins shows anyways......individuality and a style all your own. I have been to alot of shows and the cars w/ the most trophies and attention are the ones that are the most unique. you know what style your out to achieve and thats all that matters. make sure you keep us posted on all the awards you win..... ;)

sterlingSi
04-18-2003, 01:42 PM
i don't care what he does . . . in fact it amazes me, but i would love to see some more pictures.

stephen
04-22-2003, 11:10 AM
i repeat, custom paint jobs look a hell of a lot better than an ugly ass carbon fiber hood.

the lack of originality in the scene disgusts me. "hell yeah, you got spoon rims and a cf hood. sweet!"

sorry guys, cf hoods and spoon rims are straight up fugly. yeah they're light. but fugly.

stephen
04-22-2003, 11:13 AM
by the way,

what do all you haters think about the alpine show EP?

Mugen_EP
04-22-2003, 11:29 AM
First off custom paint jobs are nice and the Alpine show car in very nice and original. Your complaining about C/F hoods and Spoon wheels not being original but how are "Flames" original?? You have to keep in mind MOST of the people in the "import scene" are in it for the JDM style or race look. Not lowriders and bling bling. :confused:

SiNi$t3R
04-22-2003, 11:41 AM
All the Bling on an EP does is disguise the owner of his Rice tendencies. ...... Well actually bling = rice.

midas
04-22-2003, 11:50 AM
time to stick a fork in this post....i think it's done.
:confused:

SiNi$t3R
04-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Flamed2k2si, I've been reading thread alot and I gave it much thought . If u really are making this hatch a pleasing one to the eye then yes I respect ur work and your bravery for throwing on those flames. Yes flames have been done on many cars and No i dont think I've seen one on an EP. But if ur ballsy enough to pull that off . then i guess its alright.

P.S Stephen is a bling bling ricer.

SmoothOperator
04-22-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by midas
time to stick a fork in this post....i think it's done.
:confused:
For real man.

XLR8B4U
04-22-2003, 12:49 PM
I think it looks cool but you need to back it up with some serious speed.

I did not see any taken from a distance. Did I miss that?
I would like to take the whole car into perspective.

I am the type that would go to www.magneticflames.com and stick them on because I am too chicken crap to do something like this. Kudos to your mondo balls.

C

stephen
04-23-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by SiNi$t3R
P.S Stephen is a bling bling ricer.

not really. but at least i'm not a run-of-the-mill jdm whore like you.

StrangeShadow
04-23-2003, 10:46 PM
ouch, careful when bashing jdm, around here and everywhere else in the import sene right now it's the thing to do.
I think this particular car,is maybe the type you wuld see today i a mg like lowrider - euro... with all the other real fixed up cars, a lot of bling yes, but as soon as you get the speed-up to back it up, ppl will stop putting it down as much.
best of luck with it and have fun.

SmoothOperator
04-23-2003, 11:53 PM
http://www.lamer.net/crayola.jpg

StrangeShadow
04-24-2003, 12:07 AM
:rolleyes: hehe:) haha:D babahahah:p
sorry but that's a freakin funny pic