PDA

View Full Version : headlight-turn signal bulb

eyevin2c
03-26-2003, 05:51 AM
yo- what size bulb is the orange turn signal bulb in the headlight? i would like to change to red thanx much.

BarracksSi
03-27-2003, 03:52 PM
Another member here was pulled over & ticketed for this bluish LED driving lights. I'd imagine that red lights in front would attract similar attention, even if they're just turn signals.

Red lights are for the back of the vehicle, not the front. Yes, it's the law, but the law is there because a line had to be drawn somewhere between lighting that clearly shows a car's orientation and lighting that's simply frivolous. The lights in front are only white & amber, not because manufacturers have no creativity, but because they clearly designate the front of the car.

Anyway, I think the turn signal bulbs are 1157's.

midas
03-27-2003, 09:30 PM
i had a blu light over my license plate of my motrcycle and a cop pulled me over and gave me the speech about the "ONLY people with blu lights are DA PO-LEECE"

do you ever notice how so many cops are nerds with guns?

HgSi
03-28-2003, 12:40 AM
One time I was driving at night and after the car in front of me moved out of my lane, suddenly I saw a pair of white lights directly in front of me in my lane. Scared the crap out of me. But it turned out it was just some loser who decided that clear taillights with white bulbs would make him ultra cool. There's a reason why you're not allowed to have red lights on the front of a vehicle, or white lights on the back of a forward moving vehicle.

That said... I hate highway patrol cops. They have nothing better to do than screw over other people to make themselves feel good.

eyevin2c
03-28-2003, 01:20 PM
thanx guys will follow advice keep turn signals orange thanx for the help