PDA

View Full Version : Anyone just not upgrading their stock wheels?

silver ep
03-26-2003, 11:18 AM
I love wheels but they are just not in my budget (just bought an engagment ring:D ) so I think Im just concentrating on engine and suspension upgrades. Anyone just plain not going to upgrade their stock wheels?

Speck
03-26-2003, 12:07 PM
I have no plans on it. I do want to look into powder coating my stock rims though. And definatly (read: eventually) get new skins for 'em.

BTW: CONGRATZ!!!! Better upgrade now before the bells ring ;-)

-=speck=-

IceD out N CALI
03-26-2003, 01:34 PM
i'm not upgrading. at least not anytime too soon, but eventually:)

minimay7
03-26-2003, 08:16 PM
I feel for you man~

When I bought an engagement ring for my honey, I never felt so poor. I drained all my savings. But, your life with her will be worth so much more than any car you can get in this world:)

I suggest for you to set a long term goals. I bet preparing for the wedding is/should be your priority. Take your time. There will be more products available and it will be cheaper as you wait out.

I am planning on doing the shock and spring swap first. And then, I will save for wheels. Next will be downpipe and exhaust. In between, I will look for sway bars, strut towers, and chassis braces. Of course I made my plan clear to my wife. I think the most important thing is to assure your woman that your priority is with her and the family. I dont' mean to fake it. BUt, it's true. Unless they feel secure, you can kiss all your future car upgrades good bye!!

I don't know why I focused more on your relatinship with yoru fiancee than the car.... BUt, oh well... I hope you have an understanding wife to be. It is great to be married.

silver ep
03-26-2003, 09:41 PM
minimay7:
Thanks for the advice! :) My fiancee is well aware of my plans for the ep, and to be honest she doesnt care cause shes got her ring! :D

ssvr6
03-27-2003, 05:25 AM
That's what she says now. :)

I wouldn't have been upgrading my wheels if I didn't win them. I would have just got new tires.

Steve

CleanBlackSi02
03-27-2003, 01:53 PM
I would have kept the stock wheels if Honda gave us 16's. BUT, Honda gave us crap wheels. Apart from the springs, getting new wheels was the best thing I've done for the car yet.

NemesisITR
03-27-2003, 07:02 PM
Keeping mine stock for now. Just want to put on some stickier tires.

LedFoot
04-01-2003, 08:38 AM
My EP03 is all stock right now. SInce $ is tight, I'm probably keeping the stock rims on for a while, but I'll probably get springs and intake later on. As Speck mentioned, powdercoating seems like a good idea.

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10296

Burgh
04-01-2003, 09:13 AM
I am going to stick with my stock wheels too. Larger wheels slow you down so the 15s are fine with me, I'll just get some stickier tires to put on as soon as the stock ones wear out.

If I decide to get a dedicated set of wheels and tires for autocross, then one of you guys who bought new wheels will have to sell me your OEM ones.