PDA

View Full Version : Rear tires are rubbing fender after putting camber kit on

vtec24
03-27-2003, 05:36 PM
Maybe this has been posted before, I'm too lazy to search.......so anyhow, today I had my rear camber kit installed on my car. My car is lowered 2 inches w/ 17" rims. The tires actually rub the inner fender wells, so tomorrow, they will have to roll the inner lip of the fender so that the tires wont rub. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't have coilovers, so I can't just raise the rear of the car up. I know, stupid mistake on my part. Anyhow, just curious if anyone else had this happen to them. Thanks!

Josh

rswbrixton
03-27-2003, 06:20 PM
What size rubber on rims ?

FailureToStop
03-28-2003, 08:56 PM
Yah and what offset?

chunky
03-29-2003, 06:48 AM
what camber are you running in the back?

you can run -1 to -1.5 the help avoid some of the rubbing. or just raise the rear a bit.

vtec24
03-29-2003, 10:29 AM
the tires are 215 45 17, not sure what the offset is. How would I find out the offset? Also, like I stated, I don't have coilovers, so I can't raise the rear end of the car up. I've ordered some ground controls to take care of that though. But for now, the Honda dealership wouldn't set my camber a little negative, so they ended up rolling the inside lip of the fender well. You can't even tell they did it unless you put your hand on the inside of the fender. It still rubs when I hit a big dip or bump, but at least it's drivable now. I think I'm going to go with some 215 40 17 tires also.

Josh

FailureToStop
03-29-2003, 03:04 PM
The offset is sometimes on the wheel. Some brands put them on the label and some don't.

There was a member here who installed Koni's and was also having issues with rubbing.http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9847&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
He has +42 offset and runs H&R springs (like you do?).

Maybe the H&R just drops the EP too much? Something to consider for you folks who are looking to drop your EP's.